Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rigelians for Coda

Originally Posted by Fugazi Grrl
    Silver-skinned Rigellians from Rigel IV (from the Stargazer novel, Oblivion)
    They were also in the novel Starfleet: Year One

I did a "Bare Bones" write up on them and a pic using Hero Machine ...if you are interested Fugazi Grrl.
    Last edited by skree; 01-19-2011 at 05:22 PM.
    Hodor !

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Quote Originally Posted by skree View Post
    I did a "Bare Bones" write up on them and a pic using Hero Machine ...if you are interested Fugazi Grrl.
    Yes, please. I'm very interested in them !

Thakowsaizmu, I know who you're talking about now. I found them on MA, too, un the Unnamed Aliens section for the 22nd Century.

But... are we sure they're natives of Rigel, or the Rigel system, or just exotic dancers "imported" into the system.

I think it was Somaticon that mentioned the Butterfly girls, I was just providing the info on them. Still don't know if I like them or not. Ah well.

Anyway, who knows where they're from or if they're Rigellian/Rigelian? Obviously no one thought to make sure that the term wasn't already being used for a hundred other races. But then, Star Trek is nothing if not inconsistent.
    我的氣墊船充滿了鱔魚!

Fugazi Girl

Here you go.

Rigelians (Silver)
    Species Adjustments: +1 Intellect, -1 Presense
    Species Abilities:
    -Night Vision
    -Ultraviolet Resistance (see Orions Narrator's Guide p.193)

Rigelians (Silver) are a humanoid species native to Rigel IV. They have silvery skin,
    three-fingered, hands, red eyes and a flared brow (similar to a triceratop's head shield) and an elaborate maze of tiny ridges that runs down from their temples to the jaw. Most Rigelians (Silver) preferred the company of their own kind and interact little with other cultures (ST Novel Starfleet: Year One)

Rigelian+(Silver).gif
    Note: I had to account for the silver skin..the only way I could account for it is due to high ultraviolet radiation. The eyes the only logical(excuse the pun) is for them to have some sort of night vision...This is as far as I was able to reason..
    Last edited by skree; 01-19-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    Hodor !

I love that pic. Very alien looking - mine was a bit more human, going for a more "Vulcanoid" look.

These are the stats I came up with:

Species Adjustments: +2 Intellect, -3 Presence, +1Perception

ABILITIES

Enhanced Rapid Healing: The natives of Rigel IV have this ability as per Vulcans (see p. 164 of Aliens, or p. 49 of the Player's Guide for more information).

Bonus Edge (Keen Hearing): They also possess this edge as a species ability (see p. 164 of Aliens, or p. 49 of the Player's Guide).

Ultraviolet Resistance: These silver-skinned Rigelians have the same resistance to ultraviolet radiation as Orions, and most species originating in the Rigel system (see Aliens, p. 121).

Proud (species flaw): The natives of Rigel IV have this flaw as a species trait due to their anti-social nature and the heir of superiority with which they carry themselves. (see p. 142 of the Player's Guide).

@Fugazi Girl

You know you could combine the two (your Species Adjustments and Species Abilities) with my suggestion of Night Vision. And I think you and I would have what is described in both Oblivion and Year One. Drop the keen hearing since captain Cobaryn in Starfleet Year One had ear holes
    Last edited by skree; 01-19-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Hodor !

@Fugazi Girl

You know you could combine the two (your Species Adjustments and Species Abilities) with my suggestion of Night Vision. And I think you and I would have what is described in both Oblivion and Year One. Drop the keen hearing since captain Cobaryn in Starfleet Year One had ear holes
    I did just that - tweaked the PDF this morning.

I could go ahead and post my Rigellian info in here as an attachment if you guys are interested ?

Yes! Very interested.
    Hodor !

Here it is.

My original goal was to incorporate the Rigellian info from Worlds into a different file. And then I got working on other species of Rigellians that I found on Memory Beta and/or remembered from various novels.

The only one I don't think you'll be able to find on MB is the Vulcanoids with the wider eye-placement. They're mentioned in the novel The Best and the Brightest.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sweet!!!
    Hodor !

@Fugazi Girl
    I have a thought... I did (a few years ago) Aliens of TAS and I hit a stumbling block(which I have to admit I can't write worth a darn it). I was wondering, If at all possible, would you like to collaborate on this? Sorry to get off topic here.
    Hodor !

Wow that is a really well written piece I see the Kaylar are the ones who fought Pike . The one thing I wish about Trek is a greater degree of consistency in data. At least that is something the fans can work on fixing.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

Quote Originally Posted by somaticon View Post
    The one thing I wish about Trek is a greater degree of consistency in data.
    I don't know, I kind of like being able to see the ragged edges.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

@Fugazi Girl
    I have a thought... I did (a few years ago) Aliens of TAS and I hit a stumbling block(which I have to admit I can't write worth a darn it). I was wondering, If at all possible, would you like to collaborate on this? Sorry to get off topic here.
    Sure, that sounds like a lot of fun. If it's for CODA I can work on it easily (I've learned the system well enough to feel comfortable working with it). And I think the Animated Series needs a bit more input.

I actually have a write up on the Phylosians I did as a collaboration with a friend.