Thread: Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online

I was wondering. Have any of you done anything for STO in your ST RPG?
    For example: Personal equipment (Tricorders standard and holographic, Force field belt, and weaponry, etc )
    Hodor !

Since my nephew and niece begged me to run a Star Trek RPG STO game for them and their friends about a month ago. I decided share what I have got in the way of equipment.

Tricorders
    http://offworldgirl.home.comcast.net...order-2404.jpg
    TR-620 MARK XII

Tricorder (TR-620 Mk XII)
    Star Trek: Online (c.2404)
    same as 24th century Tricorder (see Player's Guide p.175-176 for rulings)
    Note: The medical tricorder variant featured a small antenna scanner.

Wrist Tricorder Mk II (TR-620 Mk XII Type B)
    Star Trek: Online-c.2420
    Specifications: 15.81 x 7.62 x 1 cm; 0.3 kg
    same as 24th century Tricorder (see Player's Guide p.175-176 for rulings)
    Note: This tricorder has an holographic display that projects approx. 10 cm from the device.

Personal Force Field
    Star Trek: Online
    Introduced: 2406
    Specifications: Size varies (depending on the wearer's waist size); Mass: up to 1 kg
    Description: The personal force field is based on Borg technology. It is composed of a mesh of micro-force field generators intergrated into the belt. The force field itself offers full cover to the wearer. The force field when activated, gives the wearer a +10 penalty to Conceal self especially if someone is actively scanning for the wearer. The force field cannot be used as an EVA suit in space or hostile enviroments or underwater like the Life Support Belt(LSB) of 2269(Star Trek: The Animated Series).
    Protection: The force field gives 40 points of protection at full strength. Like a starship's shields, each impact reduces the force field strength (strength begins at 10) by one, two for a Superior Success, three for an Extraordinary Success. Each level of force field strength lost reduces the protection by two points. Explosions and other high kinetic energies may be stopped by the force field from hitting the wearer, but the force field requires a Strength test vs half damage.
    Duration/Energy: The force field has a charge for three hours, but impacts on the force field will reduce this time up to two hours under constant use.
    Last edited by skree; 01-20-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typos
    Hodor !

Type IIB Compression Phaser
    Star Trek: Online
    Introduced: 2386
    Specifications: 25 cm long, 0.9 L in volume; 0.7 kg
    Description: As the complexity of battle increased during the Dominion War, Starfleet devised a new weapon loosley based on the Type IIIB Compression Phaser Rifle. Instead of firing a continous beam beam, like a Type II Hand Phaser, the Type IIB fires small pulses at a rate of three shots every second. The Phaser Type IIB was a little bit more advanced than the Type II "Cobra" in all factors bar a more user friendly design and shape, more akin to earlier Earth sidearms and the phasers of the late 23rd century. Since it has been over ten years since the Type IIIB Compression Phaser Rifle had been released thoughout Starfleet to replace the aging Type III Phaser Rifle, there was the possibility to minimize the technology of the Compression Rifle into a tighter unit. Hence, using the basic frame of the Phaser Type II it was possible to input phased compression capability and increase energy recharge into the smaller design.
    Settings: 1-8
    Duration/Energy: 1,250 charges.
    Range: 5/30/60/110/+30 meters.
    Note: Pulse mode is standard.
    phaser.gif
    Last edited by skree; 07-25-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typo
    Hodor !

Nice Type IIB. I did a write up for that pic a few years back myself, it's a wonderful fan produced weapon I thought. Had a bunch more weapons I was going to stat out and post but never got around to it. Maybe now. . .
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Smile

nice work on the type IIIB, but I will contest the 1-16 settings as in ST:O the weapons haven't near the firepower of the Rifles. Perhaps lower power settings but they have the ability to auto fire?
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

How about settings 1-8? Does that sound about right?
    Hodor !

yeah, that sounds right. While they are very handy and quite deadly when used properly, they should not match the rifles for raw power.

I might be forgetting but was there a auto or burst fire rule in the System somewhere?
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"