Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rigelians for Coda

Rigelians for Coda

Greetings and Salutations everyone. Work progresses on the Merchants and Boomers material in the meantime here is my attempt at the Rigelians as mentioned in TOS,DS9,STO and Enterprise.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by somaticon; 01-15-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: typos
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

I need to work on the bonus edges still if anyone has any suggestion please share them.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

Pacifist
    Seasoned(Maybe)
    Everyman(Perhaps)

Would they or would they not have Psionic? (that is the question)
    Hodor !

I think it might be a minority factor similar to the Romulans.

I've made a few changes I think it's playable would someone be willing to try it out?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I got excited for a moment there, I thought it was Rigellians that you statted out, not Rigelians. I am currently in the plotting phase of statting out Rigellians

Rigellians:
    我的氣墊船充滿了鱔魚!

You can find those here http://strpg.patrickgoodman.org/
    Alien Compendium 1.0 by Scott Rhymer (p.14)
    Hodor !

I mentioned the Rigellians in the text Memory Alpha calls them the Chelon. But I liked them as well.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Seasoned ?

I couldn't find any reference to this as an Edge in the Player's Guide, or in any of the netbooks I've downloaded. I did find Seasoned Spacer as a Merchant Professional Ability in A Piece of the Action.

Is this a new species trait exclusive to the Rigelians ? What are it's in-game effects ?

Otherwise this looks like a wonderful write-up, and since I have two Rigelians on the USS Cavalier, I'd be glad to give it a try.

EDIT:
    Ok, never mind. I found it in Aliens, under Orions. Just goes to show you I'm a touch scatterbrained sometimes. Because I've done that too. Ported a Trait from one Species to another if it worked. And after reading up on Orions, this certainly works well for the Rigelians.
    Last edited by Fugazi Grrl; 01-15-2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Answered my own question !

If you've ever gotten a hold of Worlds, you'll discover that there are a fair number of species that can call themselves Rigelian (two Ls are apparently optional), at least one of which is Vulcanoid (see "Journey to Babel" for anecdotal evidence, if you like). The book also includes bare-bones species layouts for at least three of them. One of these days in my copious unstructured free time, I'll see about finding that material a different venue, since Worlds is pretty much impossible to come by legally anymore.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

I have worlds as well I used onscreen evidence [mostly] although I think the Rigel system is a goldmine for races. I chose to ignore the novels as the information in them can vary from author to author.

How about Ifinish reading the Worlds section on the Rigel system and have a crack at writing up the others apart from Rigel four which has been already done?

Quote Originally Posted by skree View Post
    You can find those here http://strpg.patrickgoodman.org/
    Alien Compendium 1.0 by Scott Rhymer (p.14)
    The alien compendium is definitely interesting, though many are not quite how I'd like to see the race. And, as there is so little canon info on many of them, there is no reason not to have a few different versions floating around. Besides, I am not about to scrap my work on a few races that appear in the compendium. Though it is great to see that someone else is using some of those pretty much forgotten races (Saurians, heh).
    我的氣墊船充滿了鱔魚!

Saurians are in STO which I thinks a nice nod to the movies

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    One of these days in my copious unstructured free time, I'll see about finding that material a different venue, since Worlds is pretty much impossible to come by legally anymore.
    Why does that strike me as a BTFF article begging to happen ?