Thread: A "Blast" From The Past (A non seen TNG phaser rilfe)

A "Blast" From The Past (A non seen TNG phaser rilfe)

http://www.phasers.net/noncanon/sttng-riotgn.htm

Type III Phaser Rifle ("Riot Gun")
    Introduced: 2368
    Specifications: 58 cm long, 1.6 L in volume; 1.1 kg (with Type II "Cobra" phaser attached)/33 cm long, 1.1 L in volume; 1 kg (without Type II "Cobra" phaser attached)
    Description: Sometime around 2367 after the Battle of Wolf 359, Starfleet R&D explored the possibility of an Type III Phaser Rifle extension for the Type II "Cobra" phaser. When attached the phaser would fire a series of compact "O"-rings of phaser energy at a target at an incredible velocity. This would (in theory) be used against species such as the Borg who have the capability to reflect or even abosorb phaser energy.
    Settings: 1-16
    Duration/Energy: 1,250 charges.
    Range: 5/40/80/160/+40 meters.

This my take on this unusual weapon...did this sorta out of fun.
    Last edited by skree; 01-20-2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: typo GOD I am sick of typos!
    Hodor !

Now that is cool. That's one of the weapons I was going to do stats for but never got around to it. The pictue I have is just a black and white drawing, I never realised that this was actually a made prop!
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Very, Very, Very, Very, Very, Very, Very cool !!!

This is the perfect thing for the Marines, or for when Doug Painter goes on a high-tension mission ! Thanks for the stats !!

EDIT: I incorporated the Riot Gun into my Starfleet Marine & Special Forces booklets. This is going to be a lot of fun to use in the game !
    Last edited by Fugazi Grrl; 01-20-2011 at 01:18 PM.