Thread: Looking for region description

Looking for region description

Hello,

i am a new poster. I am a french player and it make several weeks i read all the post in order to start my own campaign.

I was hesitating between several plots...and finally i decided a starbase to be in mood with the spirit of DS9.

BUT...i loosed several data on my computer so i need your help.

I found on a website some sort of Fan made guide to a border region with several species.
    It was the bordery with the gorn empire, orion etc...the document described the geographics, some planets, the political of the region etc...

i can't find it again...i have several website about star trek rpg in bookmarks but it seems i loosed that one or forgot to put it (probably that )

I apologise for my poor english and hope one of you know about the document i am talking about and can help me to find it again.

By advance thanks.

From France.

Hervé

Your English is fine, no worries there.

Um, I don't recall off hand any such thing for a region close to Gorn space. I'll take a look through my pdf files I've collected over the years and see it there is something I overlooked though.

Anything else other than near Gorn you recall that might help tack it down?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Hello.

It was describing the political of the species around there from memories it was the gorn, romulan, orion and things like that...

Describing several things like history, biology etc..

It was a document something like 30 or 40 pages with some pictures in it (mostly planet photo and symbols of "country"..

Raaah that's too dumb from me...i rememenbered that i must read it when i have a moment cause it was in english so can't just read so easily.

I ask it on this forum cause it was my main point of "navigation". I explored link etc...from there and the other source was the gandalfofborg site...

In fact, i wonder if i didn't made a mistake, it was the tholian boundaries, with romulian and klingon ...at least i presume...

Damn , i hate myself having such a little brain and such laziness to read things when they come on my screen.

I don't have any such thing I'm afraid with either Gorn or Tholian space. In fact I've never seen anything like that which included Romulan stuff. The only Romulan material I've seen is the LUG boxset and I don't think it has anything Klingon, Gorn or Tholian in it.

It must have been something for the CODA system if it was with/attached/sorced with gandalfofborg stuff as I believe he primarily uses CODA. And I'm afraid I don't use it so don't save much of their fan stuff unless I want to try converting it over to ICON.

Sorry.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

@rossvell

Was it this?

Dulcais Sector Sourcebook

http://www.coldnorth.com/memoryicon/netbook/DSSB.pdf
    Hodor !

No it's not this document.

I believe it was not an "official" supplement, but some sort of fan made sourcebook.

What interested me in this zone, was the several bordaries that were concentrated in a small place, i said myself it was a good place for a starbase, with opportunities of smuggler, skirmishes, trade etc....and some sort of exploration in the unkown tholian space...

I FOUND IT AGAIN

It was on a french website that gather all sorts of adventures, game materials etc...

the document is on :
    http://www.scenariotheque.org/Docume...hp?id_doc=5415

I put it, if some of you can read french.

Sorry for the disturbance, and thanks a lot for your research in order to help me

Looks interesting..to bad my French is a little rusty.
    Hodor !

Don't worry about language issues - as many of my friends tell me, I can speak only bad English (that is, with lots of swearing).

All I can say about a space station setting is -- keep your options open at the start. You will find new ideas and options will occur as you play. Look at Deep Space 9 as a guide. Did the producers have the Dominion War planned out at the very start of the show? I do not think so.

Yes..that's why this little "sourcebook" interested me.

I have the feeling that a starbase near the Klingon/romulan/gorn/tholian boundaries is awesome.

That can lead to several type of campaign...military, diplomatic, spygames, and even non star fleet with smuggler ...

And i like the part of mistery that the Tholian can bring...