Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good thoughts, please :)

Exclamation Good thoughts, please :)

Hey guys.

Starting Monday, 9 o'clock my time, I'll face some rather important tests. Chances are thast I'll fail some of them, but there's always hope, that I'll pass enough of them to make it through the finish line. Over the course of two weeks I'll write 8 tests, which could mark the end of my time at university.

As real life troubles (and some personal difficulties with learning in general) have made sure that the preparation time wasn't spent perfectly or used as dilligently and focused as I hoped, there is no way to avoid facing the challenges up ahead.

If you'd please, send some good thoughts my way. That would be very much appriciated BTW: You can hold back on the wednesdays, as those are free

Thank you! I'll probably won't be on much during that time, so I'll see you on the other side!

Yours, Cut

Oh, and there won't be any results until summer, so we all kinda need a long breath here

Get a good night's sleep before each test, Cut. Last minute cramming doesn't do any good if you're not alert during the test. Good luck!
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Best of luck to you with your tests. Do not second guess yourself, but do believe in yourself. Sometimes confidence is all that is needed to triumph over adversity.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Good luck with the tests

Best of luck to you, Cut.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I have faith you can pass these tests, relax; as Sarge said: get a good night's rest. I'd also recommend a healthy meal before hand.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 02-22-2011 at 10:18 PM.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Best of luck!
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Good luck, Cut. I have no advice, but consider good thoughts being sent your way!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Thank you!

Today is the first break day of the campaign (they actually call it that).
    Two tests down, only six to go and I'm still here

It is very hard to get a feeling weather you are somewhat close to what those people in charge of grading your work expect to see. And I'm hesistant at voicing oppinions about the probable outcome, so I'll just say that things could have been way worse I think.

Keep the good thoughts coming, please. It's very nice to know that a lot of people all over the world are with me in thought and with good advice.

@Sarge: I am with you on the idea, that a good night's sleep would help things to go more smoothly. Any ideas how to achieve that, without turning to medications? Failing utterly in that department so far

I'm not Sarge, but a good tip to get better sleep is to not go to bed overstimulated. Whatever your bedtime happens to be, stop watching TV or reading an hour before you turn in to get all that noise rattling around in your head to settle down. If you have access to a tread mill, take a brisk walk prior to going to sleep as well. The endorphins are a sort of natural drug.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Good advice, Pericles. I always sleep better after exercise. I find one of the best times to exercise is right after a test or a class. After a couple of hours of sitting on my butt while my brain does all the work, I need to work my butt and let my brain recover for a while. It's good for both of them.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Thanks, I shall hit the sack right about now. I am unable to get sleep though. The last days I have been wide awake (not panicing or something) just wide awake.

After the tests (those take 5 hours of pure working time) I drive home some friends that are going through the same ordeal and when I arrive at home, I'll get some food and take a long walk with my dog. That's really good for my mind and body. Real Sports aren't happening right now, but I'll resume my football asap after the last test, I promise

Yesterday the first leg ended, today was a free day and tomorrow starts the rest of the campaign. There are two tests left. These two are the ones that I really want and expected to pass, although right about now I'm a little scared. I seem to have placed the wrong learning emphasis on the two legs of the campaign and miscalculated the reminder of time I had left.

Whatever, friday at some minutes past 1700 hours (again my time) this ordeal will be over and I will be celebrating that I have made it through, not matter what the actual outcome will be.

I give you people are heartfelt thank you for your support in this matter. I have not felt alone during this time so far and I'm confident I won't start doing so in the last two days.

In this spirit I ask once again for some good thoughts for me and shall let all of you rest for quite some time after that...I promise

Yours truly, Cut

In continuation of sending thoughts your way, good luck

OK, the final test was written yesterday. Now begins the month-long wait for the results, but you don't have to wait that long to get a big, big

THANK YOU, people

from me.

Thank you very much!