Thread: Old System, New Universe?

Old System, New Universe?

Didn't someone purchase the rights to the system used in the Star Trek RPG? were't they going to put it out with a non-Trek background? whatever happened to that?

Allen

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I heard a rumor some months ago - scuttlebutt they'd call it in Starfleet - that Decipher had actually tried to acquire the rights to the FASA system when they got the Trek license.

That would have been interesting, but then we would not have the CODA system to choose from among available systems for Trek play.

And I always felt the FASA system would have been very well-suited for an RPG based on the original Battlestar Galactica series.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi Grrl View Post
    I heard a rumor some months ago - scuttlebutt they'd call it in Starfleet - that Decipher had actually tried to acquire the rights to the FASA system when they got the Trek license.

That would have been interesting, but then we would not have the CODA system to choose from among available systems for Trek play.

And I always felt the FASA system would have been very well-suited for an RPG based on the original Battlestar Galactica series.
    I agree with that. And FASA did have a Battlestar Galactica license at one point. They put out a board game for it but not an RPG.

Allen