Thread: Fighters

Fighters

Our Akira-class ship is renowned for having fighter craft. I thought it might add a lot of fun to the occasional starship combat, too, in that it might give a Battlestar Galactica feel (or Star Wars), with some PCs taking to their individual ships while protecting the main, larger vessel.

Any ideas on what type of ships these fighters are supposed to be? I suppose I could make them Type X Shuttlecraft, but it might be even more appropriate to have some Size 1 fighters that are individually manned.

Anybody got any ideas?
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Here's some Starfighters:

The "Attack Fighter" is the closest one to canon, and it's already posted to Patrick's website.

The Hammerhead is based on the fighter of the same name from the TV series, Space: Above and Beyond.

The Valkyrie is based on a fighter of the same name from a Star Trek computer game from c. 2000-2001.

And the Del'Ru and Poklozi class are original to our series. They belong to the N'Augi and Trogordian races respectively. The N'Augi and Trogordians are at war, and the Legacy stumbles into the middle of a space-battle involving Del'Ru and Poklozi class fighters while tracking the Vakluran ship I mentioned in another post, and a Suliban assassin that escaped custody aboard the Legacy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Fugazi Grrl; 08-16-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi Grrl View Post

The "Attack Fighter" is the closest one to canon, and it's already posted to Patrick's website.

The Hammerhead is based on the fighter of the same name from the TV series, Space: Above and Beyond.

The Valkyrie is based on a fighter of the same name from a Star Trek computer game from c. 2000-2001.

And the Del'Ru and Poklozi class are original to our series. They belong to the N'Augi and Trogordian races respectively. The N'Augi and Trogordians are at war, and the Legacy stumbles into the middle of a space-battle involving Del'Ru and Poklozi class fighters while tracking the Vakluran ship I mentioned in another post, and a Suliban assassin that escaped custody aboard the Legacy.
    Very, very cool. Thanks so much, Fugazi Grrl! I can't tell you how much I appreciate this! You're the best!

I'll print these out and let my players look them over at the next session, to decide which one they think best serves our needs.
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

I'm glad you like the fighters. If you're players are interested in using them, be my guest.

If you want to use the N'Augi or Trogordian fighters you might want some info on the races in question. The N'Augi would share their technology with the Federation, the Trogordians would not.

The N'Augi are basically a race of androgynous aliens who look human except for having purple eyes with felinoid pupils. The Trogordians look like Zombies.

Trogdorian
    Wait, the whaaa...

Trogordian
    Nevermind, haha.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Its me Eric R.

Oh, what a nice set of links. A lot of Spacedock stats (I still haven't managed to wrap my brain around that system). But, still, very interesting fighters.

Wait, the whaaa...
    The Trogordians and N'Augi are original aliens for our series. The former is something of a bad-guy race (although not all of them are bad people, they are just very mean and aggressive); and the N'Augi are the "good guys" - but, unlike most Trek races that tend to have a broadminded, hedonistic culture (like Deltans), The N'Augi are not overly pacifistic. They're been at war with the Trogordians for 50 years, and have developed a very warlike culture.

In many ways the N'Augi are similar to Elves in Middle-Earth, or maybe the Elves of D&D games. But, also, the D&D "Dark Elves", or Drow. The Trogordians' DNA is skewered, and that is why they have a necrotic, or Zombie-like appearance.

AH HA! I hoped someone would have made these lovely work!
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.