Thread: Examples of sports, games, and/or gambling in your campaign. . .

Examples of sports, games, and/or gambling in your campaign. . .

Let's hear 'em. I'm very interested in knowing how you applied the Coda rules, altered them, or threw them out entirely.
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Mostly we've used opposed tests for gambling. Basic skill rolls [Gaming (appropriate specialty)], and the like.

The Legacy's Tactical Officer, Douglas Painter, would be a rogue, con-man, and gambler if he weren't in Starfleet. And he is an expert at Texas Hold 'Em poker. So he has Gaming (Poker) as a skill at a pretty high level.

We've had people playing Tennis and Handball on the holodeck (using Sports (Tennis) or Sports (Handball) with Athletics affinity, and opposed tests), and even a round of pool in our TOS game (when the XO looks like Paul Newman he has to do a bit of hustling !).

BTW, we considered Pool/Billiards as a Gaming skill, and not a sport, even though it is more physically active than chess, or checkers, or playing cards.

It's not a sport, but several of the characters in my old campaign used to get together in the mess hall once a week for "20th/21st Century TV" nights. Their characters were big fans of science-fiction of that era, and used to watch:

Babylon 5
    Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis
    Farscape

And of course, they were all fans of a hugely popular TV franchise that started in the 1960s and ran for several years, then kicked off again 20-odd years later and ran for many more seasons. It detailed the exploits of the crew of a starship of exploration and research, which also assisted those in need and fought the good fight when necessary.

Of course, the series was called Galaxy Quest.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Many years back a player I had under the FASA system wrote into his backstory that he was his colony's champion at zero-g crown green bowling.