Thread: Bonus from Command

Bonus from Command

If a Commanding Officer has Command 2, can he give that +1 bonus (or +2 if you allow that) to more than one character?

The way it's written (referencing the plural) makes it seem like he/she could give that bonus once to the Tactical Officer, and another time to the Helmsman, and then perhaps later to the Engineer, etc. if they're all on the bridge with him/her during the battle (i.e., within range).

Or do you think it's meant to be only one time (or twice) per game session, period.
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

The way we've played it is that each subordinate gets the bonus (or bonuses, since Davy let's us split it into two +1 bonuses if needed/desired). So the tactical officer gets it, the helmsman gets it, etc.

The commander does not have just a single bonus to give to one character; he can be inspiring to a lot of people.

Did any of that make sense? I'm operating on a caffeine deficit at the moment....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    The way we've played it is that each subordinate gets the bonus (or bonuses, since Davy let's us split it into two +1 bonuses if needed/desired). So the tactical officer gets it, the helmsman gets it, etc.

The commander does not have just a single bonus to give to one character; he can be inspiring to a lot of people.

Did any of that make sense? I'm operating on a caffeine deficit at the moment....
    That totally makes sense. And that was how I was hoping it worked. Like you said, the Captain can be inspiring to lots of people.

Thanks, all, for answering these. A lot of them are matching up with my interpretations, but it's nice too to get some other input, for stuff I may have missed (like the backsplash from torpedoes at Point Blank range).
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    We play it the same way Patrick does. Since Captain Northcote has about the same charisma with his crew as Picard or Kirk. He is like TC McQueen from Space: Above and Beyond in a Starfleet Uniform.