Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weapon Information Needed!

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    TFVanguard, you do beautiful work ! And I love your TOS layout - the TOS Core Book is my favorite of the three CBs LUG produced.

I'm definitely looking forward to your other work - I cant wait t see what kind of graphics and imagery you put into that one. It really added a lot to the PDF, and gave it the feel of a LUG book !

Solas - Battlestar ? Do you mean TOS Battlestar (the one with Dirk Benedict) or the newer one. I'm partial to the older version (and to Mr. Benedict). And I've been working on doing a write up of BSG ships, and Tech from that series with a friend of mine.

But we've been working with the CODA system. Wandering a bit off topic here, but I always thought WEG's d6 System, and specifically the type of stats they used for ships in their Star Wars game would work best for a BSG game. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
    WE4 will be firearms, and hopefully it'll get more interest.. but I'm making that one 'cause I need it for my games.
    I'm interested - is there a WE1 & WE2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Solas View Post
    Hi!

I'm very new here, but I'd also be interested in whatever you had Phoenix as well as yourself, TFVanguard. I'm not very good at system design, and I need 'archaic' weaponry for a homebrew Battlestar Galactica game I'm doing. I did up a bunch of ships as well, but I'm not sure I have the stats right as I'm still learning the system.

S.
    Well I'm going to need a address if your wanting a copy Solas, PM with the contact information.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi Grrl View Post
    TFVanguard, you do beautiful work ! And I love your TOS layout - the TOS Core Book is my favorite of the three CBs LUG produced.

I'm definitely looking forward to your other work - I cant wait t see what kind of graphics and imagery you put into that one. It really added a lot to the PDF, and gave it the feel of a LUG book !

Solas - Battlestar ? Do you mean TOS Battlestar (the one with Dirk Benedict) or the newer one. I'm partial to the older version (and to Mr. Benedict). And I've been working on doing a write up of BSG ships, and Tech from that series with a friend of mine.

But we've been working with the CODA system. Wandering a bit off topic here, but I always thought WEG's d6 System, and specifically the type of stats they used for ships in their Star Wars game would work best for a BSG game. But that's just my opinion.

The newer one, but I'm not following the show as set....I'm mixing elements of classic BSG and modern. I did work up a character generation system and some stats for ships, but a lot of it was guesswork over familiarity with the system, as it was a bit rushed. I'm happy to share what I have, however.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi Grrl View Post
    I'm interested - is there a WE1 & WE2 ?
    WE1 and 2 are small ship catalogs, and can be found here:

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread.php?t=15788

WE4 will be out next week, which will include various firearms (and nicely piece together the disaprate weapon information from various trek books). What all it will include will be a matter for size and formatting.

Right now I'm thinking that WE5 will be another ship pack for the TOS era, though I'm not exactly sure which ships I should put up. (I have a much larger work that needs completion, but I'm having a hard time wrapping that one up for some reason.)
    "Thank god I'm only watching the game... controlling it!"

When you do WE4, please check real-world references for size and mass. LUG got the Tommy Gun way wrong at 30cm and 1.6kg.

WE4 - Firearms

This was a tough one, since what I needed were good numbers for generic rifles, pistols, and the like while keeping the TOS Core Game Book feel on how weapons should be used. Also, I felt that I should have a lot more of the 'post-modern' but 'Pre-TOS' weapons discussed actually written up. So, here's four pages of weapons, ranging from a couple of missing 'archaic' ones through Phase Pistols.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Thank god I'm only watching the game... controlling it!"

Very nicely laid supplements! Would be good all combined into a mini-book!
    Ta Muchly

What a beautifully laid out PDF. You get more information into a 4-page netbook than most gaming companies can get into a $50 hardback !

Thank you, once again, for so much valuable information.