Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Information Needed!

Weapon Information Needed!

I'm trying to find the official ICON weapon information for:

Pistol
    Rifle (WWII infantry type)

Any other traditional melee weapons and 'modern' firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Space Nine Player's Guide
    Sword
    Accuracy: 7
    Block: +2
    Damage: 4+2d6
    Last edited by TFVanguard; 04-26-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Found the Sword online...
    "Thank god I'm only watching the game... controlling it!"

The only slug throwers I can recall being written up were black powder weapon or flint lock style arms in the Holodeck Adventures supplement. I can send the stats for them if your interested?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973 View Post
    The only slug throwers I can recall being written up were black powder weapon or flint lock style arms in the Holodeck Adventures supplement. I can send the stats for them if your interested?
    It should have Tommy Guns as well.. I'll take everything. (Honestly, if I can get a base line for some weapons, I can interpolate and get a nice Arms and Equipment update for ICON tommorow.)

I have a word file with much of that information if you’re interested.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I have a word file with much of that information if you’re interested.
    Throw it to me, then, please. jaynz at q dot com .

From Holodeck Adventures:

Tommy Gun:
    Range: 5/20/50/100
    Size:800mm
    Mass:4.5kg
    Ammo: 50 rd drum/20 rd magazine
    Damage: 6+4d6

Pistol:
    Range: 5/10/25/50
    Size: 150mm
    Mass: 1kg
    Ammo: 6 rd cylinder or 7rd magazine
    Damage: 4+2d6 (.38 Spl), 4+3d6 (.45ACP)

These have been corrected for size and mass, and the .45 ACP damage adjusted.

Extrapolating, we can get:

M1 Garand Rifle:
    Range: 20/50/100/300
    Size: 1.1m
    Mass: 4.4kg
    Ammo: 30 rd clip
    Damage: 10+4d6 (.30-06)

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I would love an update to the rules like that. We're planning on giving ICON a try over the summer (converting our characters now). And any little bit of fan-made goodness adds to the fun of the game.

Owen, this means you can probably expect some things from me- ships, aliens, and combat styles for the site, if you want them. When I get into a game I usually spend a lot of time doing things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
    Throw it to me, then, please. jaynz at q dot com .
    On the way.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Phoenix, can I get a copy, too? Please?

Sorry to take so long on this, there was a bit more work involved than I had anticipated. Rather than make everyone wait for the upcoming WE3, I decided to throw something up for the time being. This is the 'sword progression' list, based on ICON official stats and then interpreted from their dice progression.

Note: I went under the assumption, based on the values given, that the 'sword' write-up refers to the common 'short sword' and that the 'knife' represents both the combat knife and assassin's dagger in damage.

Knife
    The conventional knife is one of the most common of primitive weapons. It may be made of stone or metal and consists of a handle and short cutting blade. Knives make use of a slashing fighting style, while the dagger (a double-edged knife) is primarily used for stabbing.
    Block: +1
    Damage: 3+2d6

Great Sword
    The mightiest of the sword-based weapons, the great sword’s blade is exceptionally long and heavy, capable of delivering dramatic blows to an enemy. Its weight, however, makes it both difficult to use and prohibitive for most people to wield.
    Minimum Fitness/Strength: 4
    Accuracy: 9
    Block: +3
    Damage: 2+4d6

Broadsword
    The daunting broadsword is a very heavy and long sword meant to be used with both hands. The massive weight and size of the blade could cause tremendous damage to its victims.
    Minimum Fitness/Strength: 3
    Accuracy: 8
    Damage: 4+3d6

Long Sword
    In the most basic terms, the “long sword” is simply a heavier sword with a blade just under a meter in length. The long sword could be used either one or two-handed, depending on the strength and skill of its wielder.
    Damage: 2+3d6

Sword
    Perhaps the most romanticized of melee weapons, the traditional sword can be found on most worlds that have developed forging. The sword consists of a hilt and long blade which is used for slashing fighting styles.
    Block: +2

And something new for you 2009 NuTrek fans...

Teral’n
    Effectively a Romulan trident, the Teral’n can be found among some Romulan warriors who specialize in person-to-person combat. The Teral’n has three blades, with the outer blades optionally retractable. It is believed that the use of the weapon is of ceremonial importance, with the legendary Debrune Teral'n passed from Praetor to Praetor.

WE3 - Archaic Weapons

Note: I didn't put in many of the industrial-age weapons, since there were so many basic weapons which needed inclusion. I tried to be effectively complete for a TOS campaign with all the spears, swords, and the like, but it would have been very easy to keep going past the four pages I was limiting myself to. WE4 will likely be firearms up through lasers, and I'll get to that ASAP.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Only nine views and no comments.. damn, guess there wasn't much call for this one. WE4 will be firearms, and hopefully it'll get more interest.. but I'm making that one 'cause I need it for my games.

Nicely done
    Live Long and Prosper Technically
    Bernard Guignard
    Project Manager TreknoGraphx
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trekno...yguid=89237652

Hi!

I'm very new here, but I'd also be interested in whatever you had Phoenix as well as yourself, TFVanguard. I'm not very good at system design, and I need 'archaic' weaponry for a homebrew Battlestar Galactica game I'm doing. I did up a bunch of ships as well, but I'm not sure I have the stats right as I'm still learning the system.

S.