Thread: non-Weapon damage to Starships

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

non-Weapon damage to Starships

Is it specified anywhere in the ICON rules how much damage an ion storm does to a ship forced to travel through one ?

How about asteroid bombardment ?

Hello Fugazi. Hope this isn't too late to be useful to you.

I believe both these topics are covered in Steve Long's Spacedock. Ion Storms are rated by their strength 1 - 10 with each having a specific effect on certain systems and damage based on strength rating.

I can't recall off hand, but I believe asteroids were dealt with as collisions between ships.

In short, check out Steve Long's Spacedock (and no worries if you don't use the Spacedock system, it easily converts to basic ICON).
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I have Spacedock, downloaded from Owen's site. So I found the info I needed (it says an ion storm of level-6 or higher can do 10-60 points of damage, this is exactly what I needed).

Even if one only uses basic ICON ship stats from the TNG and TOS core books as we do Spacedock can have a lot of useful info in it.

And I'm sure we could use it, we just like keeping our Starship and character info to one page if possible.

It's too bad Steve, and LUG didn't get to publish Spacedock. The PDF is lovely, and would have made a very nice hard copy.

Thank you, for pointing me in the right direction. I really appreciate it. And it was not too late in coming at all.