Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not a Starship Combat question

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Taylor View Post
    Good stuff, and really fun and well developed characters!
    Enormously pleased you're enjoying yourself!! (Did you happen to go find the prologue for "A First Test," by the way?)
    Does Treyva have a drinking problem, though? He is often having to pause to drink water during his speeches. Seriously though, fantastic stuff, and it's really fun to read through!
    Not per se; alcohol never really caught on with the Denobulans. He does, however, talk a lot, and he finds himself with a dry mouth on occasion. It also gives him a chance to collect his thoughts in the middle of one of his rambling diatribes....

That's my story, anyway, and I'm sticking to it.
    Last edited by PGoodman13; 07-13-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Greatly enjoying things so far, but I haven't seen "A First Test" yet. Will probably go find that after I get done reading this one!

I like your explanation, too!

And yes, FG, I remember well Robert Hayes' "drinking problem".
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    Those rules exist, and we actually used them in our first episode. You can find the relevent portions here; I actually begin the process at reply #371.
    I'm bummed, but no matter what I do I can't access page 15.

I guess I'll have to skip over that section and go on to 16.
    Doug Taylor
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Skipping over p. 15 (as I can't seem to access it no matter what computer I use)...

Patrick, I've just got to say that it's posts like this one

Treyva sat there for a moment, trying not to let his crew see how nervous he was feeling. "The Klingons admire gall," he said out of nowhere, to no one in particular. He sat straighter in the chair. "Yes, they do! The Klingons admire gall!! Mr. Churchill," he said, turning his head slightly towards the helm, "dive past them at a possibly unsafe speed, really give them something to think about...and then get us the hell out of their disruptor range!"

OOC: Okay, Davy's right...we've got to get out of their disruptor range or they're going to chew us up and spit us out. Renny, this is all on you this time, so bring it. Do a Z-Axis to break their lock and hope for awesome flavor text, then do an Open maneuver and hope for a decent roll to get out of their range. Let's hope inspiration (and desperation) can carry me where my skill cannot.
    that really make reading this such a pleasure. To be sure, each person does a great job with their characters, and the Narrator is outstanding as well, but the bits of flavor and color that you have inserted make this as fun as reading a ST novel!
    Doug Taylor

Glad you're enjoying it, Doug.

By the way, have you tried going into your control panel on the realroleplaying forums and adjusting the number of posts per page? That might shake it loose. If not, tell me the last post you can access and then the next one you can access, and I'll try to get something put together so you can read what's in between.

Our adventures so far, in case you missed anything:

Episode 1.1: Prologue (general introduction of PCs and NPCs)
    Episode 1.1: A First Test (our pilot episode, where we shake a lot of bugs out the system)
    Episode 1.2: Scratch & Lugs (hilarity ensues as we return to Sigma Iotia II)
    Episode 1.3: The Well of Dreams (my personal favorite of all the eps we've done so far, because it ties in so well to canon, and there's some great play from all involved)
    Episode 1.4: First Response (testing the Prime Directive)
    Episode 1.5: A Lot by Design (our current episode, wherein things get interesting for all on board)

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    By the way, have you tried going into your control panel on the realroleplaying forums and adjusting the number of posts per page? That might shake it loose. If not, tell me the last post you can access and then the next one you can access, and I'll try to get something put together so you can read what's in between.

Our adventures so far, in case you missed anything:

Episode 1.1: Prologue (general introduction of PCs and NPCs)
    Episode 1.1: A First Test (our pilot episode, where we shake a lot of bugs out the system)
    Episode 1.2: Scratch & Lugs (hilarity ensues as we return to Sigma Iotia II)
    Episode 1.3: The Well of Dreams (my personal favorite of all the eps we've done so far, because it ties in so well to canon, and there's some great play from all involved)
    Episode 1.4: First Response (testing the Prime Directive)
    Episode 1.5: A Lot by Design (our current episode, wherein things get interesting for all on board)
    I just tried on my home computer, and was able (without manipulating the number of posts per page or anything) to see it! Nice not to have that big gap in there!

Thanks so much for the links, Patrick; these are a blast to read!
    Doug Taylor

I just finished reading "A First Test". This site has been forbidden at work, so I had to finish her off at home. Excellent story, and well played by all involved!
    Doug Taylor

On behalf of the cast and crew: Thanks! I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed it. You'll have to let us know what you think about "Scratch & Lugs" when you get to it.