Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Online Conversion

Star Trek Online Conversion

Well, I've put ina ticket to Star trek online to create material for CODA trek based off of the ST:O IP's Materials and they are kinda curious about my intent. what would peopel like to see?
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I would like to see Starfleet equipment (I have done some stats for some equipment)
    Hodor !

I was thinking something like this

Timeline (for those not up to speed)

Factions

Places

Personal Eqipment (kits, weapons, etc).

Starships

Ship equipment
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I'd vote for Species and Starship information, since those are the things we use the most in our gaming. Having never played ST:O myself I'm not sure what they have to offer. But, any new info and material for the game is always welcome.

well: ST:O is 30 years post Nemesis and there is this whole War with the Undine (Species 8472) going on between the races of the ALpha and Beta Quadrants and them...

Plus 30 years of general events and tech upgrades

That is pretty far into the future. But, it might have some interesting and innovative tech and, if I might say so, be better than the time-line introduced in the JJ Abrams Trek movie.

STO incorporates the destruction of Romulus in the Trek universe post-Nemesis in its history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    STO incorporates the destruction of Romulus in the Trek universe post-Nemesis in its history.
    Which means I wouldn't be interested in playing ST:O. I've actually lost a friend or two over my virulent hatred of what Abrams did with the Trek timeline, and even more so the fact that now all canon Trek will be in that timeline, as if the other 40+ years of Trek never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi Grrl View Post
    Which means I wouldn't be interested in playing ST:O. I've actually lost a friend or two over my virulent hatred of what Abrams did with the Trek timeline, and even more so the fact that now all canon Trek will be in that timeline, as if the other 40+ years of Trek never happened.
    Actually, ST:O does it quite well. I too hate Abrams' Trek, but ST:O works exclusively in the current timeline. So the star goes supernova, Romulus is wiped out and the Romulan Empire considerably weakened...but all the "Nero goes back and destroys Vulcan" obviously happens in another timeline, because Vulcan is all well and good in ST:O.

And the fall of the Romulan Empire sets the stage for a resurgent Klingom Empire. Martok is killed by J'mpok, who becomes Chancellor and sets the Empire back on a path of conquest. First they take out the Gorn, and then set their sights on Romulus. The Federation, meanwhile, doesn't want to see the remains of the Romulan empire fall to the Klingons, which causes war to break out between the Klingons and the Federation.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

I can only confirm what Aldaron said: ST:O happens in the Trek timeline we know and love (and by the way contains countless continuity nods to the series and even books). The events from the Abrams movie are alluded to, but only up to the destruction of Romulus and the sacrifice of Spock (and the fact that Zachary Quinto voices Spock when you encounter the Enterprise in the past, but even then it's clearly the TOS Enterprise).
    The destruction of Romulus lead to an interesting story arc by the way.
    The universe in ST:O is quite interesting and mainly expands upon the standard continuity.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

When I was working on my Time Travel supplement for CODA, we would play-test stuff using a storyline of a 24th century time-agent going back and reversing the Abrams-Trek events, including the destruction of Romulus (necessary to our main series).

And it was almost too easy for a skills time-agent to reverse those events.

I'm still interested in seeing ST:O tech, and species converted for CODA.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
    And the fall of the Romulan Empire sets the stage for a resurgent Klingom Empire. Martok is killed by J'mpok, who becomes Chancellor and sets the Empire back on a path of conquest.
    I'm surprised at the suggestion that Martok wouldn't try to absorb Romulan worlds after the destruction of their central planets.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

in the timeline he considered it however J'mpok believed he was taking too long key note one of the reasons for the Klingon war with the Gorn was because the Klingon's found proof of Undine infiltration. Looking forward to the new Enterprise being introduced even if I'm not very happy with the overall design. The Nausican and Orion ships would be nice although I might be able to write those up. {Although I prefer TOS era ships} keep us informed on what Cryptic CBS say.

The new Enterprise looks like a cross between a galaxy class, a Springfield class and a New Orleans class.
    Last edited by somaticon; 07-24-2011 at 01:35 PM.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

I did some equipment for ST: O here is a link. http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...ar+trek+online
    Hodor !

Smile

I'm going to be drafting the letter/Ticket to ST:O to ask the for permission for the conversions. Aside from the boilerplate of asking them (it IS their IP) for permission, I'm trying to think what to say. Granted this thing isn't going to be for money, and I'll add whatever legalese they want, I'm trying to figure how to sweeten the deal for them. Ideas?