Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Played again for the first time in nearly a year

Played again for the first time in nearly a year

I ran a session on Sunday night, and the one request my players made was that we not wait so long before we play again.

It's hard for me to believe that it had been that long since we last played, but one player confirmed that it had actually been 11 months!

So, anybody else currently playing FTF?
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I don't think we could go without Star Trek roleplaying for 11 months. The same goes for WEG's Star Wars.

The last time we played Trek was about 4 or 5 days ago. And a lot happened. That seems to be the way of it with a CODA session. A lot can happen in a playing session. A lot of story can be told.

Not counting the adventure I ran at Origins back in June, its been almost 9 months since I've run Coda Trek. I do miss it and hope to be back to it soon.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

I'm lucky to play anything twice a year, these days

It's been over two years since I ran any Star Trek, which I'm missing...
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

You guys should live with half your gaming group like I do - both my Narrator and her sister moved in with me last summer. They were living in the sunroom, and had it made over into a kind of studio apartment until a water-pipe broke and but the kibosh on that arrangement !

But, that's why we get to play so often !

Your lucky!

I played the last time 4 years ago. Any attempt to restart the game failed miserably.

It's no good to have a Group composed of actors and Authors. They have no time to spare at all.

I had some great times back then. Two of my players translate ST-Novels to german. They know the franchise inside out.

Hell I miss playing.
    "Space may be the Final Frontier, but it's made in a Hollywood basement"

Red Hot Chili Peppers "Californication"

"per aspera ad astra"

Seneca

Glad to hear there's still a number of groups out there playing still! We're going to try to get together in about two weeks; no more going nearly a year between sessions!
    Doug Taylor
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

We play nearly every other day, except at the weekends which are aimed at other RPG and wargames. Longest running character is my wife's Klingon, Vulcan hybrid called T'Pak. I sometimes get to play but mostly GM. When I do get to roleplay its as Keysanliu my Orion inventor/explorer and his wingman a Lamatya/Vulcan genetically created lifeform. One of the advantages of being gm is that you get to run so many characters yourself.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

I almost feel ashamed to say that the last time I plated face-to-face was over fourteen years ago.

Someday I'll run a Trek game. Someday.

However, now that copies of Ashen Stars are in people's hands, I can finally start polishing my Gumshoe-Trek adaption...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I almost feel ashamed to say that the last time I plated face-to-face was over fourteen years ago.
    Nothing to be ashamed of. I got into roleplaying back in the late 80s, but hadn't played for well over a decade before I picked up a pair of dice again in 2009.

When I do get to roleplay its as Keysanliu my Orion inventor/explorer and his wingman a Lamatya/Vulcan genetically created lifeform.
    I looked everywhere for an image of a Lamatya. And I couldn't find one, or anything about them on Memory Alpha, or Memory Beta. I'm guessing they're an Animated Series race, or from one of the Star Trek novels.

Do you happen to have a species write-up, or CODA stats on them ?

I think they mean Le-Matya. So, uh, Vulcan Catperson.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

About 6 weeks ago we started our first Trek RPG campaign for 6 years. We're onto episode 5 this weekend. Going well so far!

I have run one Prime Directive campaign in the meantime but that kind of fell apart for time reasons when I crammed an engagement, wedding, PhD thesis completion and first baby into a single year... It was a rather interesting Romulan campaign, but couldn't compete with RL at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    I think they mean Le-Matya. So, uh, Vulcan Catperson.
    Ahhhhh - ok ! I know what a Le Matya is, I just didn't make the connection. That sounds like some tricky genetic engineering. And a very interesting character !

Playing every other day is pretty amazing (I'm kind of jealous!), but I don't think I could keep up, as I often GM and do plenty of preparation. I COULD play nearly that often, I suppose (as my kids are getting older and love to roleplay), but they are busy with other stuff so even then it would be tough.

Sorry to hear about some of you who are itching to play but haven't. The best advice I can give is to find a friend (or two) and just go for it! My 21 year old campaign (which has had as many as 10 active players in it) currently has about 8 participants (when we're all there), but we started with only 4 of us (me, my brother, my brother-in-law, and my wife's cousin).
    Doug Taylor