Thread: Prime Directive 2nd Ed

Thumbs up Prime Directive 2nd Ed

New to the posts, so feel free to flame me if I missed the discussion elsewhere...

But what is the opinion of the horde on the New Prime Directive RPG?

For those that have not heard yet, Steve Jackson Games has licensed Amarillo Design Bureau(the makers of Star Fleet Battles and the previous edition of PD) to use the GURPS engine in the new edition of the game.

While I am a lover of LUGTREK (I was a playtester), I have always been a big fan of SFB and of the alternate progression of the timeline. I have run LUGTREK campaigns using the SFB setting. But PD was too cumbersome - the tristat system got in the way, and the rules were designed for running a special ops squad rather than the bridge crew.

I am looking forward to the game - especially if there is a way to marry the rpg and the board game for ship combat (Loose the impulse system or tone it down severly, and it is probably doable). It will be a different flavor than LUG - Icon was much more cinematic than GURPS, but then the SFB universe is more gritty and dangerous than TNG.

Afraid I have used up my alotment of replicator credits for acronyms, so I'll leave it there.

Thoughts, anyone?

Red face

Ooops.

Sorry... I missed the discussion elsewhere.

Smile

Don't worry about it. It's a trivial mistake.

------------------
    Games. The Final Product. These are the books of the Star Trek RPG. Their five year license. To explore strange new roles. To breathe new life into get togethers. To boldly play what no fan has played before!