Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming PBEM

Upcoming PBEM

Brian K and I are looking to run a PBEM on the ICON rules set in a post DS9/Nemesis universe (so around 2380...)

We are looking for a small group, no more than 3-4 players to take on the senior staff of a mid-sized vessel along with a back-up 'lower decks' character for added variety.

Posting would be once or twice a week minimum and as Narrator I would expect you to be advsing me of the skill checks you want, when you want 'em (although I reserve the right to add a check if need be). Although I am hoping it will focus on a cinematic style with narration over rules.

Dice wise. I tend to roll them myself as narrator, unless of course anyone objects and knows any online random die roll simulators that are any good?

BrianK is up for the Captain, but all other roles are available.

Other than that its all still quite open...

Any takers?
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

-Raises hand-

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Ooo. Its like the opening of the Magnificent seven. *raises 2 fingers**
    (In a nice way!)

OK, update we have decided upon the Luna Class. Nice size, not too big, not too small, and never seen on screen.

Probably going with USS Ganymede NCC-80107 (I like the way the name rolls)

What position you after?
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Chief Nurse, Command Master Chief (Yeoman background), or maybe a shuttle pilot.

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

OK so we have a ship, a new captain and a senior Chief Petty Officer in a choice of roles...

The field is still wide open with required gaps in medical, security and engineering to name just a few.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    OK so we have a ship, a new captain and a senior Chief Petty Officer in a choice of roles...
    Are those the roles that were already taken by others, thus that are not available to a potential character of mine?

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3 View Post
    Are those the roles that were already taken by others, thus that are not available to a potential character of mine?
    No, I was counting you as the Chief Petty Officer
    DanG/Darth Gurden

No, I was counting you as the Chief Petty Officer
    OK, I was thinking of a MA, who became a HM being promoted up to Senior Chief.

OK, I was thinking of a MA, who became a HM being promoted up to Senior Chief.
    So... A gold top who became a blue top and is now a Red top!

Cant see too many problems if you can swing the skill-set. For the record, in my version Master at Arms in Starfleet is simply the senior NCO in Security, the proper job as given there would be an NCO Security Officer (a slight alteration in terminology in the last few centuries, at least thats how I am going tpo explain any mis-use of military terminology )

I am just working up a timeline, but for the record it is mostly concuurent with the novel series for DS9 relaunch and the Borg attack in early 2380's. Events are to be set 2385.

Anyone else interested?
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Sorry I haven't replied in a while, work got super busy.
    So how have things progressed so far?

I'm not sure if you will see it in my other thread, so I thought I'd post it here too. I'd like to give your PBEM a try as I've never played one before.

Peerhaps science officer?
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

happy to bring you aboard if you want to give it a try... I have some guidelines for posting around for the old Venture site... A science type would be most welcome.

Give me a buzz off-group on dan.gurden@gmail.com
    DanG/Darth Gurden

So... A gold top who became a blue top and is now a Red top!
    Actually, he would still be a blue top, just a Senior Chief Petty in the medical department, I was not thinking Command Senior Chief.
    If you don't want senior NCOs as player characters, I can always go the Mustang route, and have the character being a nurse or doctor with a MA background.

Actually, he would still be a blue top, just a Senior Chief Petty in the medical department, I was not thinking Command Senior Chief.
    If you don't want senior NCOs as player characters, I can always go the Mustang route, and have the character being a nurse or doctor with a MA background.
    TBH I have no worries about a senior NCO or Mustang... The world background is in line with the DS9 relaunch/Titan books so we are just after a seriously bad Borg incursion that has really hit the fleet hard, so there is room for both in senior command.

I get your explanation now and cant see too much of a problem with senior NCO in medical... May be better to make a Paramedic/corpsman type over a nurse to avoid getting tied down to medical only... then its also easy to add to away teams and leave CMO on ship and be on the bridge on red alert...
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Do let me know a little bit of the background.
    2379 was the year Nemesis occurred. Voyager has returned safely, the Borg's transwarp net in the Alpha Quadrant is severely damaged, the Romulan Star Empire is recovering from a civil war and separatist movement, and the Federation and Klingon Empire are still in a recovery/retooling mode 5 years after the Dominion War ended.
    Are Voyager events still canon in this world?
    What DS9 Relaunch and Titan events hold true to this world? Is Bajor a full Federation member now? What about the Trill events? Captain E. Dax?