Thread: Heads up for you FASA fans

Heads up for you FASA fans

I've never played FASA, but I noticed this while perusing Paizo:

http://paizo.com/store/sale/american...ly/starTrekRPG

From time to time they seem to get some good old RPGs in PDF format - they also have a lot of classic D6 Star Wars that I'm preparing to sink my teeth into (as soon as I have permission from She WHo Must Be Obeyed )
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Awesome I just checked my FASA collection and I actually have none of those Thats a really useful heads up. Thanks. Especially as I was planning to run a Klingon campaign as one of my long time players wants to headbutt Picard, Kirk and steal the Enterprise.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
    ...they also have a lot of classic D6 Star Wars that I'm preparing to sink my teeth into (as soon as I have permission from She WHo Must Be Obeyed )
    If you're new to D6 SW, you're about t have a lot of fun. The game is great ! I wont swing a Lightsaber in anything but the WEG system.

Speaking of - check out the fan-created netbooks in the forum here; The Rancor Pit.

WEG's Star Wars is lightyears ahead of D20 Star Wars, I'm keeping an eye out for Fantasy Flight Games STar Wars to see if its any good. Does anyone remember a roleplaying magazine from the 90's which carried Star Wars and Star Trek scenarios in it? I had a few copies one of which saw the Enterprise science officers trying to deal with an quarantine. There was also one which saw Luke Skywalker fighting on top of a speeding train against some Sith.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

I played d6 SW for many years. We briefly tried d20 and then gave it up, although I have to admit to being a fan of the SAGA Star Wars system. The only hiccup I always had with d6 is that in a mixed group of Jedi / non-Jedi, the Jedi completely outshine the others. Which is true to the movies, but not much fun for the other players (my wife played an extremely experienced bounty hunter, with similar skill levels to Boba Fett (seriously!) who was still outshone by my best mate's Jedi character - he'd leap into the fray and decimate the opposition before she got a shot off, most of the time).
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

I'm keeping an eye out for Fantasy Flight Games STar Wars to see if its any good
    Someone else has picked up the SW licence? Wow! I didn't realise that...my "RPG Situational Awareness" roll just failed catastrophically!

Yeah I got a little sneak peak at some of the stuff at Gen Con some of it looks good but the rpg stuff is still in early development.

They will be releasing a card game next year as well as a miniature ship based game followed probably by an rpg sometime in 2013 possibly its very early but one of their guys confirmed that they got the full rights as originally held by Wizards.

Quote Originally Posted by somaticon View Post
    They will be releasing a card game next year as well as a miniature ship based game followed probably by an rpg sometime in 2013 possibly its very early but one of their guys confirmed that they got the full rights as originally held by Wizards.
    I did NOT know that! Thank you guys for bringing this up (and to Alderon's and my attention)! Looking forward to a new try, but have to agree: WEG did a tremendous job with the system and the universe and I hold dear those times we played it and keep my collection in a prestine condition. Should go now, check out those links mentioned by you. See you in a bit

Quote Originally Posted by somaticon View Post
    Does anyone remember a roleplaying magazine from the 90's which carried Star Wars and Star Trek scenarios in it? I had a few copies one of which saw the Enterprise science officers trying to deal with an quarantine. There was also one which saw Luke Skywalker fighting on top of a speeding train against some Sith.
    Well, Challenge Magazine had several Star Wars and a few Star Trek scenarios in it. Unknown if that is what you're talking about. FASA had a house magazine called Stardate that was focused on their games (mostly Star Trek and Battletech).

Originally Posted by Aldaron
    The only hiccup I always had with d6 is that in a mixed group of Jedi / non-Jedi, the Jedi completely outshine the others.
    In my opinion, that's the way it should be. I was not a big fan of the Jedi but, from what I've seen, they should be incredibly powerful. I loved the d6 Star Wars - best one, I think.