View Poll Results: Do you want further write ups?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YEs Please

8 88.89%
  • Not really

1 11.11%
  • umm is there pie?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: My games current timeline

My games current timeline

We have been playing Star Trek Coda since the rules came out our group has changed over time but we have a core team around which we play.

Our current game is set in Star Trek's past the ESS Charybdis is officially the 3rd starship to leave the solar system. The Year is 2087 and the world has been lied to. The current cast include Agent Lane Walker NCIS, Theresa Fitzwilliams inventor, Keysanlius Annilaius Orion archaeologist/ inventor, Arizahn Lamatya/Vulcanoid cat person, T'Pagh half Vulcan Klingon {whose blood contains a secret} and captain Erich Brohm test pilot on the Pathfinder program.

Their protagonists include Alidar Gaius a romulan from the future trapped in the past by his attempt to change the past, General Makepeace head of the Earth Defence Directorate. The EDD are aware of aliens and they were established sometime after the Roswell incident. The EDD have access to some advanced propulsion technologies and have made clandestine deals with some unsavoury types. Alidar just wants to get home however he has been Chronologically locked as punishment by his wife. I better go the group have arrived.

First contact happened as portrayed in the movie and humanity has begun developing warp drive the top speed is warp one for most ships however the Vulcans have donated some obsolete warp 2 engines for a few projects. The Vulcan compounds have been established and one of the local games is Vulcan tipping Lane Walker was adopted by a Vulcan diplomat after her family gave her up due to being unable to cope with her Psionic capabilities.
    Last edited by somaticon; 08-31-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: durr I forgot a few features.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

Great stuff! I really enjoy reading these kind of summaries, somaticon, so thanks for posting.

Your crew sounds very interesting, especially the Vulcan/Klingon hybrid (quite the mix!)

I love the name Charybdis. It's the name I chose for the sector of space our crew is currently adventuring in (near the Neutral Zone).
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

T'Pagh is my wife's character, we go with the multiverse approach to gaming essentially if you like a character and want to play them again no problem. We have played in a reality were the Romulan's won the Earth Romulan war, another where the Klingon's made first contact and the last reality was one where the Vulcan's were not the nice pacifistic types that everyone took them for.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

I'm your number 2 vote for more time line please! And is there pie for dessert anyway?

I say post more, because it is always interesting to see new stuff, or maybe see similarities with our own ideas!
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I love your write-ups, and I am really interested in the exploits of Arizhan since the racial combination is so fascinating.

We had an SCIS unit on our Starbase. But it was dissolved recently by a visiting admiral after the chief of security complained they were interfering with a murder investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi Grrl View Post
    I love your write-ups, and I am really interested in the exploits of Arizhan since the racial combination is so fascinating.

We had an SCIS unit on our Starbase. But it was dissolved recently by a visiting admiral after the chief of security complained they were interfering with a murder investigation.
    OMG that is what happened in our campaign in the 2260's an Orion infiltrator brought down the SCIS specifically so as to increase his attempts to subvert the Federation and Starfleet in particular. SCIS agent Lane Walker who had been in stasis during a long range deep exploration mission uncovered his plot with the help of one Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

Arizahn's back story is one of the main story arcs his 'mother' was a Vulcan scientist who discovered a 50,000 year old derelict buried in the sands 150 kilometers away from Mount Seleya. There she discovered the horrifying truth that the Vulcan people where not indigenous to Vulcan/40 Iridani A and decided that the Vulcan presence must have prevented life evolving naturally on the planet. She made 49 hybrids suing her own DNA to see what an advanced lifeform native to the world would look like. Arizahn had to kill his own siblings after they turned on their 'mother' and he was taken in by Keysanliu who made him a business partner in the production of APSU's [Automated Parental Support Units] which look like furry animals and sing a lot. Arizahn struggles almost constantly with his animal or is it his Vulcan side he does not know and he cannot ask the Vulcan's as a strike team has been trying to kill him as he is seen as being a scientific anathema. Still he enjoys his Areosmith collection.

I should probably explain what an APSU is. It stands for automated parental support unit they look like Panda's or large teddy bears in our games every family has one. They help with parenting and act as surrogate parents childsitters whilst the parents both work. They also run a protection racket run by the first APSU called Vincent who runs a biscuit factory. However woe betide anyone who kidnaps, harms or threatens children in anyway.

Yes this is the sort of madness my gaming group love to create. Vincent mk2 is a member of starfleet by 2266 and holds the rank of commander. Robotic lifeform rights have been enhanced by the APSU's although Kirk does not trust them at all.

Alidar Gaius has a Shadow class Tal Shiar science cruiser it is the most advanced ship in the timeline however it spent most of the campaign disabled and a drift in an asteroid belt. Its holofield generators still function and this is why it managed to avoid being detected for so long. That is until a group of human pirates led by Jacob Donovan discovered her and tried to steal the ship for himself. Donovan was stopped by the group but not before his engineer managed to repair the warp drive of the Empirious Rex. At which point Alidar Gaius reaquired his vessel from under the parties noses. He has been voted the most sought after enemy of our campaign's so far.

General Makepeace was in charge of military operations for the British royal space navy in 2031. He was in command of a british military outpost in orbit of Titan [stats to follow]. The reason for this base was resupply and rearmament of british and allied warships as well as search and rescue missions for civilian factors. The base launched a rescue mission to investigate the disappearances of both the Charybdis and the Ares IV. He became more and more paranoid about aliens and when Cooper Oswald an eccentric Oligarch launched 12 DY sleeper ships into deep space he launched his prototype warship after the ragtag fleet. The HMS Warspite wouldn't be seen again until 2082 when it was encountered by an Orion vessel thankfully or not depending on your view the vessel was not from any of the syndicates. Rather a business family looking to broaden its trade borders. They towed the vessel back to the Sol system where they were stopped by a Vulcan cruiser and all this did was to heighten his paranoia. Imagine how he felt when he discovered "all these damn aliens running roughshod over my damned planet" He joined the EDD and has since been given command ironically of the uprated base he used to command.

Quote Originally Posted by trynda1701 View Post
    I'm your number 2 vote for more time line please! And is there pie for dessert anyway?

I say post more, because it is always interesting to see new stuff, or maybe see similarities with our own ideas!
    Pecan Pie and Jaffa cakes

Well Alidar Giaus is now a disembodied 'ghost trapped between the borders of reality. He has managed to find support by becoming the Suliban Cabals 'friend' selling them genetic augmentations in exchange for a new body. With the disappearance of future guy and the death of Silik the Cabal is only too glad to work with him. An APSU has joined Starfleet. The crews main vessel however went down in flames and now the crew are stranded on a barely habital planet in the wrong timestream and are relying on getting a signal out to the temporal affairs officer.

General Makepeace is busy trying to make war [yes it was the best I could come up with ]. He has begun retrofitting as many obsolete hulls as he can. The Orion traders accidentally introduced a virus onto the Pluto listening station which killed 90% of the population [borrowed from the Fasa timeline] General Makepeace tried to open fire on the Vessel declaring that this was an preemptive strike against an aggressor. He was stopped by the Ace of Spades the temporal affairs agents vessel disguised as a courier.