Thread: Social Tests

Social Tests

As I was having trouble keeping the specifics of all of Trek's Social tests straight, I made up this little cheat sheet. Note that there's nothing new in here; it's really just a reformatting of the rules we're given in the Player's Guide:

SOCIAL TESTS

Entertain
    Entertain an audience; performance art; dance; act; sing; create music

Gaming
    Play games of chance; strategy games; wager on outcomes of games

Impersonate
    Impersonate another; imitate voices; go undercover; create a disguise

Influence
    Influence others; charm; threaten; intimidate; fast talk; gets target to passively comply with one’s wishes; relies on emotions

Inquire
    Locate information; find people; learn what you need to know; interpret gossip; uncover rumors; read innuendo; interrogate; interview

Negotiate
    Negotiations; achieve consensus among people with differing opinions; strike bargains; convince people to work together; mediate; relies on reason

Persuade
    Create persuasive arguments to change a person’s opinions or beliefs indefinitely; debate; oration; propaganda; combines emotion and reason
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Terrific stuff. Thanks for putting this together.