Thread: Looking for introductory scenario

Exclamation Looking for introductory scenario

I've got a couple friends coming up this weekend and they would like to have a try at the STRPG with a TNG era game. I'm in a bit of pickle as I don't have much time to prepare anything. Has anyone got a link to a good introductory scenario that I could use for a short 4-5 hour game?

Thanks for any help.

I have the introductory scenario from the old Icon TNG book converted to CODA, if you're interested. It's in Word format, but I can convert it to PDF if you need it. It's pretty much intact, though

There are a couple of changes from the canon version. I ditched the "phaser test" scene, for example, and had the damage occur during the warp drive problem, and so the whole scenario takes place within the Collapser-49 system (I couldn't see a starship continuing with its relatively minor mission without phasers and with damage to its engines).

I also had the Orions capture the Coleya, an Oberth-class ship that was surveying the black hole, so part of the adventure was to disable & capture the ship without destroying it (there were Federation personnel aboard, held as hostages in the cargo bays).

Being in the black hole system was also a justification for their being no way for the PC ship to call for backup, since it was extremely difficult to get a signal out due to subspace interference from the black hole's gravimetric distortions (you like that? )

We had a lot of fun with it, and it was a good way to introduce players to the game.

I'm at work at the moment, but I'll be home about 6 hours from this post. PM me with your email & I'll send it.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

That would be great. Thank you very much.

There are quite a few adventures, most of them of the introductory sort, on Beyond the Final Frontier (link to be found in my sig).
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Patrick,

I think it was one of those adventures from BtFF that dealt with the evacuation of a Federation embassy on a world that was going feral, yes? I can't remember the name of it, but it was a terrific one.

I modified that one with some extra encounters. Basically, the Starfleet personnel got the civvies beamed out, but their ship had to give chase to support the evacuating royalty and couldn't beam out the Crew.

This led to a mad chase through a power/utilities service tunnel, leading to an underground monorail station and eventually into a water treatment plant, including running battles with security forces and a creature I unashamedly ripped off from a Star Wars dianoga. I also had a great blueprint of a water treatment plant I was dying to use

THAT was a fun adventure!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Aldaron - we used a water treatment plant when the Legacy had to restore the water supply of an entire planet after it was poisoned.

Eryx_uk - Patrick's site - the BTFF site - has lots of good scenarios available including the "quick start" scenario Decipher released years ago on their website. And this would be a good one for you to download, and print up and show to your players. It has a sort of quick run-through of the CODA system that is really a good starter tool for new players.

Thanks very much everyone. Got quite a few options now.