Thread: WizKids Starship Game

WizKids Starship Game

Anyone pick up the new WizKids Starfleet Battles game? Looks cool, the minis would work for RPG starship combat and apparently expansions are a'coming. But at $100 it was a little outside my shopping limit.

If you sprang for this game, please enlighten us with all the gory details.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by K.G. Carlson View Post
    Anyone pick up the new WizKids Starfleet Battles game? Looks cool, the minis would work for RPG starship combat and apparently expansions are a'coming. But at $100 it was a little outside my shopping limit.

I second that. So far the game hasn't been made available in Germany (neiter my FLGS nor my only FGS, nor Amazon.de recieved copies so far).

Please share, if you have it or played it!

Been told that most of these products will be US only unless of course sales prove good.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

Seems to happen a lot that!
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

The game is nowdays available over here in germany, quite expensive though and not in a lot of shops, counting FLGS and online shops.

Quote Originally Posted by K.G. Carlson View Post

Are you talking about the Star Trek: Fleet Captains board game from WizKids? If so, I've got it, and have played it several times (from a Klingon p.o.v.). It does a wonderful job of capturing the flavor and feel of a season of Star Trek, including all sorts of elements common in the television series: scientific exploration, political influence, and good-old fashioned combat.

The minis have the heroclix base, and look good for what they are (plastic). They add a nice touch when playing the boardgame. Every time I've played with my wife I've played the klingons and she the Federation, and I've narrowly won each time (10 to 9 VP usually). The klingons have a lot of combat missions, and the Feds seem to lean heavily towards science missions. Star Trek fans will absolutely love this game, as it is my non-trekkie wife enjoys the game, which is great for both of us!

Thats the one, Itharanos. Thanks for the feedback.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Can be bought from amazon.co.uk however the price tag! £71.76 is the cheapest so far and many reviews are negative. However the ships are unpainted in the main set so you can go to town on the paintjobs. I think I'll wait for the Mongoose games ships.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.