Thread: Our Supplemental Rules

Our Supplemental Rules

For anyone that's interested, here's iteration 3 of our homebrew Supplemental Rules.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Dude, I love those House Rules ! Especially the attribute-modifier chart, and the expanded info on Renown mods, and the minimum renown for rank. Genius !

And I love the layout. Very print friendly, so it will definitely be added to our CODA expansion binder before the morning is out.

A comment about the "Double Fire" key trait. We've never used it either. We use "Cover Fire", or "Get the Drop" a lot. But what is the use of double-fire if a standard hand-phaser fires a continuous bolt of energy.

I can see Double Fire in Star Wars, where Blaster bolts fire as shorter bursts, and can thus imitate bullet-fire more. Double Fire, in that case, would be like a Western gunslinger fanning his hammer.

But, Doug Painter, the USS Legacy's Tactical officer and probably the best shot in our game, wouldn't need the Double Fire trait. He can usually take out a target with one clear shot.

Thanks so much! It's strange that - for some reason - when I print out the PDF the parts in italics post in a normal font. Only when I print the Word version do they print in italics. That seems bizarre to me (usually a PDF 'locks' everything exactly).

With Double Shot, my Vulcan Security Chief took it and it was just sick. He (and our Klingon First Officer) both have a 20+2d6 with their hand phasers, so they're not going to miss very often. It seemed ridiculous to be able to run around taking out double the number of people with these short bursts (they can already fell multiple people per turn). Besides, the rules give you some ways to widen the spread and take out multiple targets. It just seemed too much, and we couldn't think of many examples in Trek of this happening, so we just nixed it. Like you, I've had my character go after some of those others (he has "Get the Drop" and plans to get "Cover Fire" soon).
    Doug Taylor
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Double Shot was, kinda, over-kill. I think it would work better as a Starship Maneuver, with the Tactical officer firing two bursts with the phasers in rapid succession on one target-lock.

That would have more on-screen references in Trek, I think.

Doug Painter (Tactical Chief) has Get the Drop, and Kha'Tarr (Sec Chief) has Cover Fire.

The only problem I see, Doug, is on the Renown table. An admiral outranks a vice-admiral; you've got the two reversed.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    The only problem I see, Doug, is on the Renown table. An admiral outranks a vice-admiral; you've got the two reversed.
    Good catch, Patrick! A friend of mine made that portion, so I'll go check on it right away.
    Doug Taylor

Here's the document with the part that Patrick mentioned fixed (I also cleaned up each of the tables so they're centered perfectly).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Doug Taylor