Thread: FASA Novels In Progress

FASA Novels In Progress

I've decided to write a series of novels based on the Four Year War suppliment by FASA. Each year of the conflict will be seperated into its own novel. I've tried to weave as much FASA/TOS together as possible (as well as adding characters from other published Trek novels and comics) to make a well rounded and enjoyable peice of fanfiction.

Give it a read. Maybe it'll spark your imagination and allow you to create new FASA adventures for your group

Cheers,
    Stephen

http://maincore1701.homeserver.com/blog

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7072204/..._bWar_b_Book_1

The first book is a work in progress. It was started in June and it should be compleated in December of this year.

I liked the intro, but you can tell no good will come from the impending encounter.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Chello!

Looking good. I've read Ch. 1 and the first part of ch. 2.

One teensy nitpick. Not being snarky; this is just my US Army experience talking and the fact that I've taught history for three semesters at the university level.

Watch out for passive voice in "official" memos. That just glares out at me like a mugatu on Capella.

Specifically the line "an increasing number of occurrences have been happening near the Federation-Klingon border" is better rendered as "an increasing number of incidents have occurred near the Federation-Klingon border." It doesn't matter that "incidents" is used again in the next sentence; in fact, that's great. Once the military mind settles on a term like "incident" it'll use it over and over again to hammer the point home.

I haven't noted any passive voice in the Captain's Log yet, but if it is there, that's fine. While it is an official log, it's a vocal one and people use passive voice all the time vocally. It just looks out of place in a military memo at the command level.

Sorry to sound pedantic. I really am enjoying this, though.
    Anthony N. Emmel, M.A.
    Learned Scholar & Catholic Gentleman

U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760
    "England expects that every man will do his duty."

DUDE! I didn't think anyone else on the planet spotted passive voice. As a graduate of the US Army Sergeant Major Academy, I totally understand where you are coming from. You going to bring up BLUF* in your next post?

Bottom Line Up Front
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Chello!

Hah! I only went through PLDC.

No, I thought BLUF was just writing.
    Anthony N. Emmel, M.A.
    Learned Scholar & Catholic Gentleman

U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760
    "England expects that every man will do his duty."