Thread: Absence from the forums

Absence from the forums

I haven't been on in a while. For a year now my grandmother was very ill, she had taken several strokes. This was further complicated by gangreen which cost her part of her foot. I could only watch a one of the strongest people I had ever known slowly wasted away with every visit. Sadly she passed away. My grandmother started me on the gaming path buying me my boxed sets and books. Gaming might not be the same for me as I haven't gamed since.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

Really sorry to hear that, Somaticon.

Thinking of you and yours.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Condolences for your loss, somaticon.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

My condolences on your loss.
    Anthony N. Emmel, M.A.
    Learned Scholar & Catholic Gentleman

U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760
    "England expects that every man will do his duty."

I'm at a loss for words here.

My thoughts are with you and your family these days.

Take care...

Our condolences for your loss.
    No one will ever replace your grandmother; however, she wanted you to start gaming to enjoy yourself. Rather than not gaming because she is no longer with you physically, game because that is what she wanted you to do, and that she will be there with you in spirit. She wanted you to play, so continuing to play in honor of her.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm quite familiar with the loss of a grandparent who was close to me and understand how you feel.

Take some time to heal, but remember that to truly honor your grandmother's memory, you must live. I hope the gaming bug comes back to you in time.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

My thoughts and prayers are with you, somaticon, and I hope this time of sadness and grief passes quickly for you.
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).