Thread: The Captains

The Captains

Anybody got a chance to catch The Captains yet? It's available for free if you've got the streaming version of Netflix, and it's pretty enjoyable.

It's a documentary written and directed by William Shatner, and in addition to all six Captains of the various incarnations, they have interviews with other cast members and actors. There's not a lot of Star Trek in it, but they spend a lot of time talking to the various actors about their careers, their hopes and dreams, etc. It's quite entertaining throughout. Avery Brooks seems "out there", and nearly all of the Captains express regret about how the long hours of the respective shows they were on were extremely damaging to their relationships and families. It's worth checking out if you get the chance.
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

I have only seen clips of it, but that is only because I was at the panel they had for it @ San Diego Comic Con.
    Avery Brookes was very philisophical on the dais.
    However, from what I saw in the clips, yes the original Kirk is better than the reimagined.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Well, Brooks is a prof, so...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry