Thread: Ferengi Career Paths

Ferengi Career Paths

OK, this one I will admit has been published in individual threads in here ages back. But my word file had never been formatted in any way. So I reckoned I would tidy it up and let you all have a look. After all the FCA Liquidator did get recycled into the Law enforcement sourcebook along with the background on the Laws of Aquisition.

These are added here for completeness. But in the meantime, you also get the Accountant, Bar Host, Privateer and my personal favourite... the Dabo Girl...

Its only 4 pages, but now with added pictures and pretty looking. Enjoy.

(and yers, there may be a couple of other treats being discovered during my hard drive tidy up...)

Edited to add ths slight update.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dan Gurden; 12-03-2011 at 04:32 AM.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I love it! Ross Perot would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    I love it! Ross Perot would be proud.
    Last I heard, Perot was still alive and busy trying to get a book published. Something about Rules of Acquisition or something.

There is a generic merchant overlay. What other specific types of merchants would require their own tempalte as the Bar Owner template did?
    Would there be a role for a commedities exchanger/broker? How about a Banker? Generic Assessor?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

When I was tidying it all up, I did consider doing a search for some of the other Ferengi related stuff, like the Merchant template and I am sure there were some early life history packs floating around...

But my focus had been more on tidying the bits I had worked up rather than a Ferengi Character generation set.

Mind you, now THATS said, it might one day get a bigger treatment if I find myself bored enough...

Next up on my tidy-up and puplish to .pdf list are the Starfleet Survival School training packages and Federartion Peace Corps.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

I tidyed up the Federation Peace Corps document, and added pictures, I reackon it looks good now. I also added another set of rules that I love dearly but wasn't the author and I want to keep from getting lostt; The Junior Explorers of the Federation...

As Federation sponsored organisations I think these two are linked in enough to get presented on the same document.

I am also just doing a similar job with the Starfleet Survival school which was presented as 5DP packages to use similarly to the optional training in the players guide/1 years tours... But it looks like some balancing is still required. Will post all when done.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

2 things...

JALU3 asked if there needed to be any other specific merchant templates... I was going to lat that one be open to the floor, but I just had sudden inspiration... For a Merchant Preist. So I quickly worked up a treatment and updated my templates (Bar owner also got a little spruce up as it was written before my in-house rule that Ferengi should have additional Culture skill.

Second. I found some additional Ferengi options by Steven Cook, its not mine, but if this is going on Owens site then what are the group thoughts about combining the two? If the concensus is that they should undergo a merger then I will get right on it and produce a Version 3 of the document.

Version 2 is added to the first post, go get your update. Only 1 strip of latium.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dan Gurden; 12-05-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

A priest of the Great Material Continuum, that sounds interesting.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3 View Post
    A priest of the Great Material Continuum, that sounds interesting.
    He could have a weekly broadcast of his services, combining a Ferengi religious ceremony with a gameshow. Call it, "Let's Make a Deal!"
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    He could have a weekly broadcast of his services, combining a Ferengi religious ceremony with a gameshow. Call it, "Let's Make a Deal!"
    Pay per view. Obviously.
    DanG/Darth Gurden