View Poll Results: Do you know about Star Trek Fleet Captains?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but I don't care!

1 5.56%
  • Yes, and I'm interested in it.

10 55.56%
  • No, I didn't know about it, but couldn't care less

1 5.56%
  • No, I didn't know, but might/will check it out now that I do.

6 33.33%

Thread: New Star Trek boardgame "Fleet Captains" by WizKids

New Star Trek boardgame "Fleet Captains" by WizKids

Hey guys,

there's this new Star Trek Boardgame by WizKids with the name of "Fleet Captains" available by now. I was very much intrigued by the look of the game and the proposed set-up: a game of exploring and space battles, complete with Star Trek miniatures. The price tag is quite high with (round about?) 100 bucks, even more over here in germany, where it's kinda hard to come by. Anyway I was ready to spent the money, but failed to aquire a copy. As I said they were rare in the beginning and sold out rather fast. I didn't have the money those days and so I passed.

But now, something cool has happend: I'm looking forward to that game (mine will be complete on December, 24th) and am surprised that there seems to be little to no interest towards that game here.

My friends bought a copy for me and split up the contents into 24 little gifts, running up to Christmas. We have a tradition here in Germany that we call "Advents Kalender". This Adventscalender is a calender that you prepare for your loved ones, starting with 1st of December, ending on 24th. Usually, you'll have to open a small door on the calender each day and will find behind it a small piece of chocolate, shaped in christmassy style. But more fancy versions are sometimes made for special friends, with 24 different surprises. This is what I got this year

So far I have unpacked four ships and two sets of cards (how nice that the game comes with 24 ships - a perfect fit for 24 doors on the calender

Well, now that we're past my personal connection to the game, here my questions:

Aren't you interested in it? If so, why not? Or didn't you know about its release?

So, what do you think of the game?
    Last edited by Cut; 12-04-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Seriously? No one plays this beauty??

I picked it up just after it came out, but have only played two games: once as each faction. It's not a bad game but it could have been so much better. The card stock is flimsy but the models are nice. The rules are not very well written and it took it while to get our heads round exactly how the game plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    Seriously? No one plays this beauty??
    I bought it recently, and have played it twice with my wife. I love it! Initially my wife was rather blah about the game (she's not a trekkie), but she really got into it the 2nd time around. It seemed to help watching some old TNG episodes before we played the 2nd time.