Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mirror Universe...

Like the uniforms, Owen!
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Massive improvement on the Motionless Picture pyjamas...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Dark Mirror Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    I agree. While the DS9 episodes were fun and all, playing the Mirror Universe is more fun with the Terran Empire intact.
    Agreed. A couple seasons ago in my Star Trek campaign (post-Dominion War, post-Voyager), my players embarked on a multi-dimensional quest, venturing into the Dark Mirror universe where the Terran Empire never fell. I added a few items to that universe, drawing inspiration from the original timeline as well as the DC Comics Star Trek/Mirror Universe storyline:

* The Klingons, Romulans, and Terrans who defected from the Empire (after Kirk & the Excelsior defeated the Imperial Fleet in the comics) formed an alliance dedicated to stablizing the Alpha Quadrant. They formed the Alpha Alliance.

* The Khitomer Accords of 2293 in our universe became the Khitomer Massacre in the Dark Mirror Universe. Representatives of the Alpha Alliance met on Khitomer to discuss plans for the future...only to be ambushed by a huge resurgent Terran Empire fleet, which obliterated all ships in orbit, and laid Khitomer to waste.

* The Terran Emperor in the 24th century is Khan Singh III (a clone of the original Khan Singh), who assassinated his predecessor Emperor Tiberius II. His goal is to expand the Terran Empire's influence into other dimensions. He captured the players' captain and offered him an 'ambassadorship' which the captain declined.

Of course, by the end of that arc, the crew had destroyed the Terran Empire's flagship (heh heh) and in so doing killed the Emperor. More details later, but suffice it to say that we haven't heard the last of the Dark Mirror Empire's remnants.

----MF

Sounds awesome, Maltese. I especially like the clone of Khan part!
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Destroying a clone/copy/genetic re-creation of your arch enemy is (almost) a classic.

I still smile when I think of Garak frying Weyoun for making a snide remark about killing Cardassian civilians... and as his carcass hits the floor, the Founder Leader says something on the lines of "I wish you hadn't done that -- he was my last Weyoun."

And Garak replies, "I hoped you would say that!"