Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mirror Universe...

The Mirror Universe...

My version of the Mirror Universe, which ignores the DS9 version.

http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...ror/mirror.htm
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 12-14-2011 at 04:55 AM.

See the timeline on the page for the differences in the history from that used in DS9. I figure, based on Parallels, that there are also an infinite number or Mirror Universes. Note the Section 31 uniform, worn by political officers. These guys are seriously twisted, a cross between Stalin-era Zampolits and Gestapo. The image of Tiberius I is Kirk from the orbital skydiving sequence cut from the opening of Generations.
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 12-14-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Nicely done.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Good thinking. I'd always figured that if I wanted to do a Mirror Universe adventure I could pick a parallel MU where the Empire was still kicking (or is the DS9 MU the parallel MU where the Empire fell?), so your thesis meets with my full approval.

I agree. While the DS9 episodes were fun and all, playing the Mirror Universe is more fun with the Terran Empire intact.

I like to think the MU is actually a Lazarus-initiated anomaly which spins out an entity's Jungian shadow into a sort of inverted puppetshow acted out around them.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    I agree. While the DS9 episodes were fun and all, playing the Mirror Universe is more fun with the Terran Empire intact.
    I always thought that the point of it all is that BOTH exist... (I will be going with a DS9 led mirror myself, in which Regent Worf was the minor leader to the Pah Wraith Emissary; Emperor Dukat! Which I hope to play as a Star Wars Vader/Palpatine type relationship...)
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

That's the beauty of Parallels! One size need not fit all!

I have the Mirror Universe supplement by Decipher which includes a lot of material.

I've never GMed or played in a Star Trek Mirror Universe scenario but I think it would be a lot of fun.

But I've always wondered whether in reality soomething like the Terran Empire could ever exist. Sure there are many examples of totalitarian, aggressive, & draconian dictatorships throughout earthh history but the Terran Empire in the Mirror Universe takes that to an extreme.

I mean how could you have a society progress & advance if it's OK to assassinate your leaders, assuming you can get away with it? And how can a civilization be stable if every single person is selfish, conniving & violent towards even their friends & allies? You'd have to watch your back all the time.

Regardless of whether it's realistic to have a technologically advanced society w/ the kind of deviousness & treachery in every person like the Mirror Universe, it's certainly fun to watch & read about.

Agreed, Jem'hadar. So do you have the whole Mirror Universe supplement? Or just the preview (11 pages or whatever it is)?
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

It's like that first episode of 'Ripping Yarns.' More excuse for it to be a vast pocket-dimension or externalized schizophrenic episode, a la 'Remember Me.'
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Doug, I dunno what Jem'Hadar has, but I have the full book in .PDF, all 160+ pages. Even though it's a CODA book, it's refreshingly free of system-specific crunch, and can just as easily be used for ICON.

I have both the .pdf books both Worlds and Mirror Univrese. But have found it really difficult to read them on the 'puter... I really miss books
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    I have both the .pdf books both Worlds and Mirror Univrese. But have found it really difficult to read them on the 'puter... I really miss books
    Actually both of those are pretty system-specific crunch-free...or, in the case of Worlds, the crunch is all self-contained. Good readin'. (And I know what you mean...it still doesn't seem quite natural to me to read a "book" off a screen. But hey, it saves trees...

A pictorial history of Mirror Universe uniforms.

http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...oruniforms.pdf