Thread: B.Spiner talks Data's death in ST - Nemesis

B.Spiner talks Data's death in ST - Nemesis

So, I was a huge fan of Data's and really loathed Nemesis for killing off that great character. I was even a bit unhappy with Brent Spiner's role in this (heck, he had a writing credit with the movie!!). Of course, this being Star Trek there come a hundred and one possibilities to mind, how Data could be resurrected. Some close at hand (B-4 anyone?) some a bit more far fetched. But as the movie series has been canned (at least with the original actors) and the novels carried the torch, Data seemed to be gone for good. But right now, years later, I have stumbled across a convention video at youtube labeled "Data's Death", in which Marina Sirtis, Wil Wheaton and Brent Spiner appear. Spiner talks about Data's death and finally clears things up a bit

How much more official can it get, aside from being depicted in a movie (or TV-series) what they had planned to do

I'm a happy camper for this little bit of information, as it made a small thing right in my favorite universe, that had suffered quite a few blows for my taste in the last few years...

Anyhow, I thought I'd share.

Oh and BTW: If you have the time to spare, take a look at some of those convention videos featuring both Spiner and Stewart.

When doing some image searching for uniforms, there appears to be a comic that ties into the TNG era bit of the Abrahms Trek with Star Trek Online uniforms with Data in it;

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/st09/alt-count4.jpg

Thats set in 2397...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Yeah, that's the "Countdown" four part comic. It kind of tells the backstory for the Abrams movie. There Data's memorries has succesfully taken over B-4's neural net (or something the like). Althought the comic's storyline afaik is from the guys that co-wrote the movie, that really isn't canon. But another hint in the right direction.

Hearing Spiner saying that there would have been a real Data not something the close, but the real thing in another Next Gen movie, was gold for me, due to Spiner's repeated statements that he had wanted to get rid of the role and wouldn't want to play the android anymore.