Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Bajor Sourcebook

got a decent work-up of Hal'Kereth as a Bajoran Martial Art.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I love what you did whit it.
    I'm curious to see the rest of the project.
    Ardet Nec Consumitur' / Burns but doesn't decay / Brandt maar vergaat niet.

Might slow down a bit... I have a baby due at the beginning of April... So I may have to ease back a bit while things get hectic.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    Might slow down a bit... I have a baby due at the beginning of April... So I may have to ease back a bit while things get hectic.
    You have a baby due? I hope for your sake that Mom doesn't read that...

Why not... I am still one of two parents...
    DanG/Darth Gurden

He Dan congratulations, and I can promise that things will indeed get hectic.
    I understand completely that you take your time on this project. I do the same thing for the Medical source book. I have 2 kids (5y and 6y) myself, so I know what I'm speaking about. I was watching DS9 resently, and my son (6y) came and sit right next to me and watched the whole episode. A cool moment, because he can't understand what the where saying (we speak dutch), and he still loved it.
    All I can say is enjoy this time because they grow up fast.
    Ardet Nec Consumitur' / Burns but doesn't decay / Brandt maar vergaat niet.

Turns out that there seems to be some sort of leadership crisis in the Vedek council. Their spiritual head of state is either the Kai or a Kia?

Thank heaven for spell-check...
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Yeah, right. The Bajorans have a small Korean car as head of their church.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    Yeah, right. The Bajorans have a small Korean car as head of their church.
    And even that would give better spiritual guidance than Kai Winn.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Hey DanG, what's the progress on the Bajor book? Waiting with bated breath...

Well I keep threatening myself with some more work, but its all stalled a bit since the birth of my second daughter 3 months ago... What with a precosious toddler fighting for added attention too.

I am about 99% Happy with the first half of the book (48 pages);
    Contents
    Foreword
    Bajor Sector and System
    Bajoran History
    The Prophets
    Religion, Life and Culture
    Intergalactic Relations

The second half still has a lot of notes to update and unfinished stuff (from page 48 to 93)
    The Bajoran Militia
    Technology, Weapons and Starships
    The Bajoran Campaign
    Bajoran Character Generation
    NPC’s
    Appendix (DS9 Relaunch Novels)

Anyone want to do any NPC's? Got a Bajoran in your game you reckon is worth adding (with a suitabble pic?)
    Last edited by Dan Gurden; 07-10-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

OK, after a absolutely massive delay in which my second daughter was born and life got... hectic. I have rediscovered my mojo and have been playing around with this one again trying to tidy up and complete the unfinished chapters...

That said. I did a sort of brief write up of the DS9 relaunch setting (2376 - 2382), and it occurs to me that this material is not really Bajor centric so I am probably going to discard it...

So here it is;

DS9 Relaunch

"Bajor will be reborn."
    - Shabren's Fifth Prophecy

Shabren’s fifth prophecy foretells the Reckoning, an epic battle between the Prophets and the Kosst Amojan. According to the prophecy, if the Kosst Amojan is destroyed, it will herald Bajor's Golden Age: a thousand years of peace where the Prophets and the people will be as one. However, the prophecy does not predict who emerges victorious in the battle. Set in motion in 2374, the battle continued alongside the Dominion War, until eventually the battle came down to The Emissary of the Prophets and Gul Skrain Dukat who now had willingly become a conduit for the Pah Wraith, embracing his place in Bajoran mythology and finally becoming a harbinger of Doom. The Prophets emerged victorious but only at Sisko’s self-sacrifice, Sisko was saved and joined the Prophets in the Celestial temple, it seems likely that Dukat joined with the Pah Wraith in their eternal imprisonment. The prophecy fulfilled, Bajor declared the founding of the third republic, joined the federation and entered a golden age.

Be warned there are spoilers in this section.

The stories of Deep Space Nine and Bajor itself continue in a series of novels set soon after the series ends. They follow the residents of the station as Bajor prepares for its membership in the Federation and the stations inhabitants as they fight for the peace hard earned.

The thread of the relaunch joins the story months after the events of the episode ‘What you leave behind’, Kira Nerys is now commander of DS9 and Bajor is rebuilding and working towards Federation Membership, with First Minister Shakaar touring the Federation. With the command crew of DS9 re-assigned and with new replacements just arriving the station comes under assault by rebel Jem’Hadar, a crisis averted with the help of a single Jem’Hadar soldier, sent by Odo to observe and learn from his former Federation and Bajoran friends.

Meanwhile Cassidy Yates bears the unborn child of the Emissary her wish for isolation on Bajor is tested when prophecy concerning the child is discovered in the lost vaults of B’hala. The election of a new Kai leads a hardliner conservative, Vedek Yevir Linjarin into office. Kira finds herself at odds with her religious leaders and finds herself attained, punished by the Kai for her actions in disagreeing with him. With surprising support from some senior Starfleet Officers form Starfleet officer Ro Laren succeeds Odo as station security officer, although even she is unsure of what will happen once the Bajoran Militia begins integrating into Starfleet.

The Defiant is retrofitted for Scientific survey and is dispatched to the Delta Quadrant for a year long mapping and survey. And during its absence Kai Linjarin seeks accord with the Cardassians returning his mission successful and with all the stolen Orbs returned to the Bajoran people.

At about the same time Jake Sisko disappears under mysterious circumstances. Leaving without telling anyone for a mission of his own seeking his father. He eventually returns from his adventure with the former Kai Opaka freed from her imprisonment on the penal planet they return with great fanfare with the Sisko’s baby due to be born and Bajor’s Federation membership about to be ratified.

On the eve of the celebrations First Minister Shakaar is assassinated and the killer is found to be a Trill, his story seems to indicate that Shakaar with infested with a Parasite, and enemy of the Trill, a species that had once tried to take over Starfleet over 10 years before and who had been patiently rebuilding and awaiting their opportunity to attempt a takeover again.

Undeterred, and in the face of overwhelming evidence, the new First Minister Asarem Wadeen continued Shakaar’s wishes and Bajor was finally initiated into the United Federation of Planets on September 29, 2376. Bajor is ushered into a new golden age and the era of the Third Republic begins.

There then follows a gap. A period until 2381 where the novelizations set in place some tremendous galactic events changing the known universe forever, in the wake of a failed but devastating Borg invasion a broken universe the remaining enemies of the Federation group together, forming the Typhon Pact and a new cold war begins.

This universe offers a gap of 5 years, culminating in the Borg Assault that seems rife for player opportunities. And equally afterward with the opposition of the Typhon Pact and a new cold war the universe presented in the DS9 relaunch seems rife with role-playing opportunity.

Under the DS9 relaunch the command crew of Deep Space Nine is a little different, with many characters moving on upon the completion of the series replacements are required.

Colonel Kira Nerys. Becomes the commander of Deep Space Nine. Her Starfleet commission as Commander remains active and she is eventually transferred to Starfleet and promoted to Captain.

Commander Elias Vaughn.
    Human Starfleet officer, after an orb encounter, Commander Vaughn seeks a new direction after almost a century of work as a Starfleet intelligence operative he seeks a new start bringing a wealth of experience he takes over as station XO and Captain of the Defiant.

Lieutenant Commander Julian Bashir.
    Remaining aboard as Chief Medical Officer the role of Julian Bashir remains almost unchanged.

Lieutenant Ezri Dax. Dax on the other hand undergoes significant changes, with the Exri Dax integration maturing she discovers that Ezri is no longer the Timid young girl and the wealth of Experience that Dax brings allows for a talent for Command. Switching career track she soon takes place as Defiant’s XO.

Lieutenant Nog. Nog has also matured, now serving as chief engineer and building a record as an exemplary Starfleet officer.

Lieutenant Ro Laren. Now serving in the Bajoran Militia having escaped the destruction of the Maquis, Ro Laren takes up residence as station security chief. With the Bajoran entry into the Federation looming Ro Laren is understandably apprehensive her own checked past making her doubt he integration, but with the support of several senior Starfleet personnel (Captain Picard included) she rejoins Starfleet older and hopefully wiser.

Lieutenant Bowers. Human Starfleet officer and senior Starfleet Security and Tactical officer, Bowers serves the Defiant as Tactical Officer and Second Officer, becoming an integral part of the Ships complement.

Ensign Prynn Tenmei. The estranged daughter of Commander Vaughn and Conn Officer aboard Defiant. Prynn is a very talented Pilot one of the many Hotshot pilots that Starfleet seems to produce, but her anonymity with her father has led her to make mistakes when trying to prove him wrong, although she is professional and has separated her Professional and Personal life.

Ensign Thirishar ch'Thane (Shar). This Andorian Srafleet officer possesses an exceptional scientific mind, Engin Shar served as Science Officer, he retains strong ties with Andor, his sense of duty places Starfleet ahead of his own personal needs, but eventiually Shar retauns to Andor.

Taran’tar. Sent by Odo and instructed to obey Kira Nerys. This Jem’Hadar soldier is one of the very few with no genetic dependency on Ketracel White, his path is as an observer to watch and try to understand Odo’s former friends and colleagues. A mission he struggles to understand.

Major Cenn Desca. Upon joining Starfleet and with much of the Bajoran Militia seeking assignments within Starfleet, Major Desca was highly critical of the loss of manpower and longer lasting concerns about the future of both his planet and the militia he served. Ironically it was this critical opinion that seemed to get Desca assigned as Bajoran Liaison Officer for DS9, his mandate to be the eyes and ears of Bajor on the station, and ensure that Bajoran needs and concerns were properly addressed by the Starfleet personnel.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Looking forward to seeing the finished work.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Is there anyone that wants to take a crack at doing the Spacedock stats for the starships in the Bajoran book?

I think we have 1 official ship statted in Steve Longs stuff. But I have a few additionals...

And yes. This would result in the minion getting the relevant pages a bit early to help
    DanG/Darth Gurden

BrianK it is. My usual Spacedock colaborator...

Perhaps a poor choice of words in this case.
    DanG/Darth Gurden