Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Bajor Sourcebook

Prepare for a knock on your door at 0-dark:30

-The Resistance

The Good News.

This is almost done. Just on NPC's at the moment.

That said a recent couple of bouts of illness and insomnia have delayed matters, and I have found it really rather depressing to write so many characters with almost repetive backgrounds... Theres only so many ways that the Occupation can affect someone. Although I did accidentally give one of the Militia the plot of Taken as a background which I insist was accidental but remains there on purpose after I realised it...

I may cut thinks short and not do a couple of the ones I had planned and just get another couple out before .pdf the whole thing.

Brian K is working on Spacedock that can follow. And any additional NPC's I do later I can post here as my own ICON Links (as in fact can you guys)

Fingers crossed for next weekend.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

formatting, formatting, converting and reformatting for the weird stuff that happens between word and .pdf...
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    formatting, formatting, converting and reformatting for the weird stuff that happens between word and .pdf...
    Those last few steps that takes so much time. Good luck with it Looking forward to see it.

Done. Its unfortunately 16mb so I have sent it over to Owen for upload on Memory ICON.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

I've got it. I'm going away to visit my Mom next week so I'll try to get it up before I go!

OK, it's up at http://www.coldnorth.com/memoryicon/netbook/netbook.htm - check out the Map of Bajor I did for Dan on the second-last page! It's as close to canon as it can be, being based on the map that Robert Hewitt Wolfe maintained in the DS9 writers' conference room, as shown in the DS9 Companion. I've added a whole lot of canon places (not all, or the map would be unreadable...) and I think it looks good!

As Dan warned, it's a bi-i-ig file at 16 and a half megabytes. I have not zipped it as some people have trouble opening zip files from Memory: ICON. Over the winter, it's my goal to put unziped versions of all the netbooks up instead of the zipped ones. Wish me luck!

Hats off to Dan for braving a young infant and a patient wife to bring us this nugget of Bajor-ey goodness. Thank the Prophets it's finally done, so he can take a rest.

Thumbs up

Only skimmed through it so far, and been reading a little hear and there.

It looks great.

One bit of feedback, the circle behind the starship descriptions is way too dark.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

hmmm.

Is that the Icon links bit (for the Spacedock conversions that brian K is working on)?

Should be excatly the same as the additional NPC's as I cut and pasted after setting it up. Sorry, probably could have made it lighter still, but I am looking at the .pdf and could still clearly see the text. Anyone else find them too dark I could run off another .pdf with lighter tabs and send to Owen when he gets back!
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Anything behind text should be, at most, only 20% black, and it's best if you keep it somewhere between 5% and 15%. Additionally, you should shift the hue of the circle to a light blue or yellow to allow for colour contrast to push the text forward more.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Dan, I'm still here for the next week - I leave at noon on the 8th - so I'll put it up as a priority if you can get it to me by Monday evening.

done and done.

Updated with an improved Icon link graphic and sending over.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Great job!
    I have a player who is playing a Bajoran orphan raised by Betazeds, gotta show him this. He'd like it.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Just finishing up the first of the 'ICON links' for the Bajor sourcebook. Basically a number of additional NPC's that were culled for space reasons. Mostly these characters were similar to others that remained in the text. Basically I was spoiled for choice for NPC.

The other main link will be BrianK's spacedock update for the starships.
    DanG/Darth Gurden