Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Bajor Sourcebook

A Bajor Sourcebook

So I am sort of developing a Bajor/Bajoran sourcebook. I am adapting the info stated in the DS9 core rules and narrators guide, but wondered what sort of stuff you might want to see in such a tome...

Bajor Sector and System
    Bajoran History
    The Prophets
    Religion, Life and Culture
    The Bajoran Militia
    Technology, Weapons and Starships
    Bajoran Character Generation
    NPC’s

Now its already underway, and I already have a few notes, but its in the early stages so now is the time to say what you want to see here?
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Honestly, the book would probably be three different sourcebooks in one: Bajor before the Occupation (i.e. during ENT and TOS), during (TNG) and after (DS9+).

I've often thought about setting a campaign during the waning days of the Occupation. Via weapons dealers like Hagath, volunteers from other worlds or just straight-up mercenaries you could justify a lot of different character types. There's a lot of NPCs you could dredge up and put an interesting spin on (if Razka Karn were really an Obsidian Order agent who switched sides, for example...)

Are you using the DS9 Companion map or drawing your own?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I would be using the DS9 Companion Map.

Setting is going to be focused on TNG era, with some history and background for the Occupation... Post DS( (relaunch stuff, is planned for its own chapter, was going to be the appendix, but the list is growing).
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Oh, good. I've been trying to get a scan of that map. Hard to come by.

To be fair, I had a similar experience. I guess its the page fold right dwn the middle. But it IS a match for the global map used in Star Charts which is scanned in a tad more often;

http://ucip.org/sims/science/newmaps/bajor.jpg
    DanG/Darth Gurden

OK. A quick question...

NPC's should I do a list of representative Bajorans with notes on how to use them and the period they are most likely to be encountered, or should I do 2 groups of NPC split by occupation and post occupation...

Main reason is of course Shakaar Edon who seems to warrant 2 different specs, the leader of the resitance cell and the first minister?

Currently they are down alphabetically with no date management and TBH I dont really want to do 2 different NPCs...
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Got the global map already. For Shakaar, do a base character with a notation "after 237X, add these changes..."

Since ICON provides a baseline statblock for each species, you could provide abbreviated 'noncombatant' stats for many characters which might not get into firefights often (or be primarily a target). Others.

Actually, are you taking submissions? I kind of want to do a writeup of Razka Karn...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Actually, are you taking submissions? I kind of want to do a writeup of Razka Karn...
    Sure why not...
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Any ETA on this, however approximate?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    So I am sort of developing a Bajor/Bajoran sourcebook. I am adapting the info stated in the DS9 core rules and narrators guide, but wondered what sort of stuff you might want to see in such a tome...

Bajor Sector and System
    Bajoran History
    The Prophets
    Religion, Life and Culture
    The Bajoran Militia
    Technology, Weapons and Starships
    Bajoran Character Generation
    NPC’s

Now its already underway, and I already have a few notes, but its in the early stages so now is the time to say what you want to see here?
    Did you by chance see the one a few years back, I BELIEVE it was text or www pages ... covered a lot of that & could make an interesting read for ideas or information ... I think I saved it to a CD way back, I'm not even sure who did it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RealPity View Post
    Did you by chance see the one a few years back, I BELIEVE it was text or www pages ... covered a lot of that & could make an interesting read for ideas or information ... I think I saved it to a CD way back, I'm not even sure who did it right now.
    There was one that covered the occupation, but that was done in a rules free format in the style of a historical record. If thats the one you mean then yes I saw that, but if not then I didn't and would rather finish this one off and would be happy to compare later...

If its the one I think it is, I intend to go a little bit furtherand cover Bajor in general rather than just during the occupation.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Bajor

I would suggest getting a copy of Star Trek Star Charts for information on the Bajor system...

By the way, hello

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden View Post
    There was one that covered the occupation, but that was done in a rules free format in the style of a historical record. If thats the one you mean then yes I saw that, but if not then I didn't and would rather finish this one off and would be happy to compare later...

If its the one I think it is, I intend to go a little bit furtherand cover Bajor in general rather than just during the occupation.
    The part about the occupations rings a bell, it's from a few years ago but sounds like that's the same one

Its taking a bit longer than I thought... But thats chapter 1 signed off. Chapter 2 is well underway.

BTW. Anyone want to take a crack at the Starships pages? I was always a bit cack-handed at them... Anyone? Bueller? (BrianK?)
    DanG/Darth Gurden