Thread: Part of my CODA redefined - Magic

Part of my CODA redefined - Magic

I have been working on redoing the CODA system for a generic fantasy system, but here is a part of what I have been doing.

This is the magic system that I will be using. This is very much an early draft and is still a WIP. I have the system pretty much laid out, but am starting to work on the spells themselves.

I would love to have any feedback on this. I have used it with the LOTR magic, and what I did there is to say that the Manna cost of a spell is equal to the TN/5 of the spell in the LOTR book.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    This looks really interesting, and I can't help but be reminded of GURPS by the use of "manna". Its a staple of their magic system.

And GURPS is a game system we use for a lot of off-beat campaigns when we're not playing Star Trek, Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings.

Two big inspirations were GURPS and Harnmaster. Both of which are great games.

Don't forget the CRB as it incorporates the Weariness mechanic and provides suggestions for playing with more magical worlds along with accommodating "holy" magic as well.
    Former Editor, The Hall of Fire, Beyond the Final Frontier
    http://www.geocities.com/gandalfofborg25/index.html