Thread: Original Series and the TNG Players Guide

Original Series and the TNG Players Guide

What elements of the TNG Players Guide would you allow to be used in an Original Series game?

Allen
    Last edited by AllenS; 01-16-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: spelling

I've always liked the advanced training programs, but I'm pretty sure I'd do a heavy rewrite for a 23rd-century game. I like the idea that ships (and thus personnel) are pretty isolated, so I picture a more informal advanced training structure involving accredited instruction by personnel serving on a ship or starbase. Probably fewer points per package, and realistically offerings might be kind of ad hoc.

I have always felt there should be enlisted personnel in TOS; so, I modified things to allow for them. I gave ensigns golden slashes on their cuffs kind of like "/ / /", and I gave enlisted personnel a similar progression except in silver, and warrant officers have a combination of silver and gold. I have it roughly worked out in a couple of ODT files. I warn you I have little artistic capacity, and it doesn't look pretty, but it does give the basic idea of what I am talking about if anyone is interested.