Thread: Join the SFSFW - 20 years and counting!

Join the SFSFW - 20 years and counting!

Hi folks

Knowing your interest in this forum, you may already know of the SFSFW. But if you don't, have a look at the following Society, the SFSFW, or the Society of Fantasy and Science Fiction Wargamers...

http://www.sfsfw.org/

To quote the header page...

"The Society of Fantasy and Science Fiction Wargamers (SFSFW) is an international body dedicated to promoting the fantasy and science fiction genre within wargaming and the hobby in general."

The Society is volunteer run, and for your subscription you get six issues of a A5 sized, black and white publication called "Ragnarok", written by Society members, with articles and scenarios on a variety of games systems, and may also contain rules and figure reviews. The mag is issued when there is enough material to fill one, but a typical issue may contain up to between 40 and 50 pages. Discounts with some UK wargaming retailers are also available to members. But the membership is international.

If you are interested, Google the name and then you can click on the link knowing that this isn't spam! Maybe a few of you who aren't members may want to join. And if you already are a member, enlist your friends who aren't! And you may be interested in perhaps writing an article for publication!

Mark
    Last edited by trynda1701; 01-25-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: error in title
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!

This is really making me confused about which genre I am talking about... Star Trek RPG or Spy-Fi....
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

In the case of the SFSFW, its Sci Fi and Fantasy Wargaming!

Yes, I know this is a RPG site, but some of the skirmish games for SF on the market today could have simple roleplaying aspects added to them. You could game Spy-Fi just as easily!

The Society is totally membership run, and although the "Ragnarok" publication is dependant on membership input, you always get 6 issues for your subscription. It just depends how long that will last before you renew. Even if you don't play all the game systems featured, it's always a good read, and there are usually rules and miniature reviews as well.

You never know, if you join, you may develop a new aspect of your hobby. Go on, subscribe, you know you want to! Plus pass the word to your gaming friends who don't frequent here as well.

Mark
    Last edited by trynda1701; 01-26-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: addition
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!