Thread: Costs for ICON Species and Overlays

Costs for ICON Species and Overlays

My brain is a bit rusty on this: how many DP's go into Species templates and Overlays? I used to know this stuff...

Allen

If you're building a character from scratch, including your own packages, I don't know from the top of my head. There's a paragraph in the TNG Corebook telling you how many DP go into a character that is being created by an experienced gamer.

If you follow standard character creation rules I seem to recall, that neither the species nor the overlay cost any DP at all. Those are used for and during the finishing touches, namely the tours of duty.

That may be wrong, but that's how I remember it.

Templates are 50 points. Overlays are 54 for Starfleet Officers, 36 for civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    Templates are 50 points. Overlays are 54 for Starfleet Officers, 36 for civilians.
    Thank you, Owen. Exactly what I was looking for.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    If you're building a character from scratch, including your own packages, I don't know from the top of my head. There's a paragraph in the TNG Corebook telling you how many DP go into a character that is being created by an experienced gamer.

If you follow standard character creation rules I seem to recall, that neither the species nor the overlay cost any DP at all. Those are used for and during the finishing touches, namely the tours of duty.

That may be wrong, but that's how I remember it.
    Technically correct, but if you figure out how many "points" were spent on the Species templates and overlays, that is what I was asking about But it's all good, got the answer I needed.

Allen

Thumbs up

Yes, I read Owen's answer. Owen just knows his ICON stuff