Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello? Anyone here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sho-sa Kurita View Post
    I mostly just lurk these days. With no series and no current game, there's not a lot of newbies and not a lot to discuss anymore. I think if a CMS was implemented for the main site, and folks could contribute material to a common library, it would probably liven things up.
    Actually, the main site is a CMS. But the menu to the left doesn't generate properly (it is there and working, but is currently built up if invisible images ), and I noticed this weekend that I got an error when I tried to attach an image to a forum post.

So I need to find some time to troubleshoot the underlying system, or perhaps do a complete reinstall

I'm here. Just not much to say either lately. So, how about that Star Trek?
    我的氣墊船充滿了鱔魚!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Lundgren View Post
    Actually, the main site is a CMS. But the menu to the left doesn't generate properly (it is there and working, but is currently built up if invisible images ), and I noticed this weekend that I got an error when I tried to attach an image to a forum post.

So I need to find some time to troubleshoot the underlying system, or perhaps do a complete reinstall
    Okay, then more accurately, a modern, attractive CMS to which folks can easily contribute, perhaps allowing members to join and create articles, with publishing requiring approval by editorial staff (if anyone's interested).

Obviously ye olde net has morphed a great deal since the days when the site changed hands and work on the new configuration was started. Good, free CMSs are now commonly available and easy to use, not to mention a variety of appropriate themes.

Mind you, I totally understand if no-one thinks it's worth the time. I've got a couple sites myself that don't get the time devoted to them that they need. I'm just musing on ways to potentially revitalize things. The front page doesn't exactly generate excitement. It would just be a shame for this venerable site to slowly fade away when there's still gaming to be done. I know at some point, I'll return to Trek gaming, and it'd be nice to have folks still here

NOTE: Having stated there was no current game or show, after thinking on that a moment, I realized I had forgotten about the MMO (not being a player myself), and I would think there would be a lot of good gaming fodder to be had there.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Quote Originally Posted by Thakowsaizmu View Post
    I'm here. Just not much to say either lately. So, how about that Star Trek?
    [bender]Star who now?[/bender]

I do pop in every now and again, but not so very much now since I haven't ran a Startrek Game for quite few years.. To many hobbies, not enough time
    Ta Muchly

working hard at wqork and bringing myself up to speed on all my accounts. I'm going to have my ST:O ground equipment conversion ready to go here soon tho.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

i check in when i can I've been really busy lately trying to get stuff sorted out I got a really bad scare with one of my kidneys and have been given a 50/50 chance of kidney failure. I do have stuff to upload at some point I just need to get my head sorted. Hang in their guys.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

I'm still here, But been staying busy at work with new accounts getting thrown at me.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"