Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello? Anyone here?

Hello? Anyone here?

Boy, it's been awfully quiet around here lately...

I haven't had a lot to say; I've been avoiding opening my mouth much after the last brouhaha to which I was attached left such a bad taste in it.

I'm very much trying not to let myself get so dejected about Trek gaming that I take my site down, but it's been a temptation for months now.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Nobody here but us chickens...

Been turning up to see if you had posted any more updates or if anyone had any bright spark ideas in my Bajoran Sourcebook thread, but otherwise I have been beavering away of aforementioned sourcebook and churning out the chapters...

If its any consolation my PBEM which is also made up of some of the usual suspects round these parts is also quiet, so it might be a real-life/work thing...

(Or nobody likes me anymore. )
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I'm a FASA Trek guy, so not much of what goes on here applies to me. I do respond in the FASA thread whenever anyone posts there and I do ruthlessly pirate ideas, especially from the adventures threads, but otherwise, I guess I'm more of a serial lurker.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

I'm still here, just been playing STO a lot. I do check daily to see if there is any new stuff around.

Still working on my STO tech conversions for CODA when I can
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyCaitian View Post
    I'm still here, just been playing STO a lot. I do check daily to see if there is any new stuff around.
    Well, I'm not playing STO but aside from that, what our favorite bouncy forum caitian said apllies to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    I haven't had a lot to say; I've been avoiding opening my mouth much after the last brouhaha to which I was attached left such a bad taste in it.

I'm very much trying not to let myself get so dejected about Trek gaming that I take my site down, but it's been a temptation for months now.
    Oh don't do that. It's a valuable resource for gaming.

I'm still here, too. I lurk but don't regularly post anymore.

My players have all moved away or moved on, I am sorry to say.

If there are still people frequenting this board, I'll try to post stuff more often.

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

I am of course here as usual. There tend to be less posts from just before the holidays to about end of January, and during the summer; so it can be just that it is longer than usual.

But quite a few of us "old-timers" doesn't have that many questions of our own, it becomes more reactive posting. The newcomers often get their answers from old threads and don't have to ask them.

So it mainly becomes post from those of our members that create new material, and discussions around that. ...and of course off topics threads; and no one, for example, seems to be interested in winning.

Beside the forum game I'm trying to organize, most of my RPG creation time is for a Swedish roleplaying game (the plans to translate that game to English has unfortunately been put on ice). I'm currently reading up on Zeppelins to use in that setting. While it doesn't fit neither Trek nor LotR, I guess I could think aloud here in an OT thread and see if anyone has any input.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    I'd second that!

@Magnus: Please do post something about that swedish RPG here. Always the curious

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    I'd second that!
    I agree as well.

@Magnus: Please do post something about that swedish RPG here. Always the curious
    Post that roughly describe the game made under Other Roleplaying Games.

I keep lurking, visiting the site almost every day, and very rarely participate.
    The sad thing is that my roleplaying days seem to be definitely over with my last game a few years ago and no new group in sight.
    Thankfully I got STO for my regular dose of Trek, even if I don't play very regularly.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I check in a couple times a week on average and participate in discussions occasionally for CODA stuff.

As I'm still running a CODA Trek game here, I still find poking about here useful...with the hopes that a good company will put together another good Trek RPG and reignite the boards...
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Someday I'll post my Ashen Stars conversion. Someday...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I mostly just lurk these days. With no series and no current game, there's not a lot of newbies and not a lot to discuss anymore. I think if a CMS was implemented for the main site, and folks could contribute material to a common library, it would probably liven things up.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."