Thread: The 2012 Schedule

The 2012 Schedule

ADB/Starfleet Games' 2012 schedule for games

PRIME DIRECTIVE
    Traveller core module and maybe one empire book.
    Perhaps another empire book (Tholians or Orions or Feline Empires or somethign) done for at least two systems.
    Some 16-page thing for Free RPG Day. We're thinking Space Colony Aldorado.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Apparently there won't be a ship combat section in th core book. The author claims that ship combat isn't that big a factor and wants to do it right so they are putting it off. I don't get how you can say ship to ship isn't common considering the fact the SFU has been at war for a couple hundred years.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Quote Originally Posted by IceGiant View Post
    Apparently there won't be a ship combat section in th core book. The author claims that ship combat isn't that big a factor and wants to do it right so they are putting it off. I don't get how you can say ship to ship isn't common considering the fact the SFU has been at war for a couple hundred years.
    The original d20 Star Wars RPG from WOTC made a similar ridiculous statement, to the effect that Star Wars is a character driven universe is and starship combat is not a major part of the story. Had they SEEN a Star Wars movie?
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Smile

Please keep in mind that SFU Starfleet Universe is base on the starship combat game Starfleet Battles so any starship combat could use that Game as a base or
    the ADB's more recent outings and if you wanted to do Fleets then look at Federation and Empire
    Live Long and Prosper Technically
    Bernard Guignard
    Project Manager TreknoGraphx
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trekno...yguid=89237652

True, but traveller already has a ship combat system and they successfully modded it to do B5 so I find it a stretch they couldn't do it for a ST game. Though traveller fans at least on the mongoose board seem to be a pretty curmudgeony group to be honest. There was a multi-page complain thread from them about not being able to post conversions on the board proper becuase mongoose doesn't want any isues with the ST license. It was brutal and it reappears coccasionly in other threads. We here are down right chivalric in comparison.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Quote Originally Posted by B Guignard View Post
    Please keep in mind that SFU Starfleet Universe is base on the starship combat game Starfleet Battles so any starship combat could use that Game as a base or
    the ADB's more recent outings and if you wanted to do Fleets then look at Federation and Empire
    I'd be okay with the RPG book making that claim, but saying that ship combat "isn't a big factor" is kind of insulting given the property this game is based on.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by K.G. Carlson View Post
    I'd be okay with the RPG book making that claim, but saying that ship combat "isn't a big factor" is kind of insulting given the property this game is based on.
    I can't disagree with that. Seems funny that they wouldn't have a paragraph
    stating to go to SFB or FED commander for starship combat since the Prime Directive is based on ADB's work. Could he be pulling the audience leg?
    Live Long and Prosper Technically
    Bernard Guignard
    Project Manager TreknoGraphx
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trekno...yguid=89237652

Quote Originally Posted by IceGiant View Post
    Can you link to that statement? Nothing i've read about the project suggests there won't be rules for starship combat in the book.