Thread: Battleship

Battleship

Not a great movie. Not really even a good movie. But two things impressed me.

Firstly, there were a lot of veterans playing themselves on screen. The situation was ripe for making fun of the old geezers, but they were treated with respect. Thank you, Hollywood.

Secondly, watching USS Missouri trade point-blank broadsides with an alien dreadnought was worth the price of admission.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

It was just an extended naval recruitment film. But that said I really enjoyed it all the same, as I just wasn't expecting it to be any good, and sometimes you end up enjoying it more (as opposed to films you REALLY look forward too and then get disappointed by).
    Ta Muchly

TBH its based on the Boardgame. They managed to add a story to; "Fire at E5"... "Missed"... Lets just say that there was definately a lot of additional material.

TBH I sort of want to watch this, but not enough to pay metroplex prices, so it'll go on the DVD club. And I rather suspect that I will spend much of the running time lamenting that its not "The Final Countdown".
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Yeah well that is I think why I liked it.. because there was really nothing to ''break' for the fans Most films based on a franchise do something to ruin it (or just ruin the memory of their imagination).. nothing to really spoil
    Ta Muchly