Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy Plot using some Trek History

Thanks, Patrick. Right in the middle of playing last night we ended up looking that up. The player of my Andorian Captain thought she was (just based on the name), so we researched everything we could and found that there were references to her being female.

So that's how we played it in my session. Good catch!
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    Just as a side note (I really dig most of the ideas I've seen here), Lor'Vela is a woman. In case it comes up in conversation.
    Yes, her name means woman who brought the law. Which probably means that it's more likely a descriptive epithet, not her personal name.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I tend to ignore the Aenar because Among the Clans was published before they were created.
    Read closer!

Among the Clans, page 24, "Neshilev Settlement Project," paragraph ii:

In 2266, following a funding cut to the project and the death of his son in the line of duty in Starfleet, lead researcher Dr. Veshas Kor went mad, claiming to have been contacted by minds living within the deep ice of the polar cap.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Thanks, TDK, I had forgotten that passage. Could easily be Aenar. Or pah-wraiths. Or ice-hortas. Or maybe Veshas Kor was just off his rocker.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Read closer!

Among the Clans, page 24, "Neshilev Settlement Project," paragraph ii:

In 2266, following a funding cut to the project and the death of his son in the line of duty in Starfleet, lead researcher Dr. Veshas Kor went mad, claiming to have been contacted by minds living within the deep ice of the polar cap.
    Thats got a Lovecraftian feel to it. I like it!
    Hodor !

The ice. The ice. The eternal frigid ice. Shall I tell you the tale of the voices that speak from the ice? Be warned, for that way lies madness...
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Thought I'd share the results of our session with you (which I also posted in the CODA section, along with my other summaries).

All told it was a really fun session, brought all the more to life by a visiting friend from San Diego who played Tolaris and another guest who played his right-hand man Sheras.

The climax of the adventure was when -during a feast with the senior staff and the nine visitors - the Vulcan Doctor attempted to use Empathy on the mind lord (and didn't even come close to penetrating his mental defenses). They had a major (and heated) exchange, which I had them do at the table (instead of going off in private), even though it was all happening mentally (so nobody else at the table really knew what was being said).

The Andorian Captain did some brilliant negotiations with these potential enemies. That meant no combat, but rather a very successful resolution to an event that very nearly turned deadly!

Episode 6
    “Dangerous Find”
    Stardate 58265.9
    Numerous minor malfunctions plague the Nez Perce. Starfleet directs Captain Kalel to purchase a salvaged vessel from the Ferengi, and the ancient Andorian sleeper ship shows numerous life signs. Safeguarded in a shuttle bay, the occupants quickly awaken. Kalel kindly welcomes Vulcan priest Tolaris and his eight Andorian followers aboard, setting them up in private quarters. Systems continue to act up, including the entire ship being flooded with neurozine gas, and Mot vigorously investigates a potential cause. At a feast held in their guests’ honor, the crew learns that Tolaris is actually a powerful mind lord who worships Ket-Cheleb, the Vulcan god of anger. He claims to have been the one who created peace on Andoria, forced into exile by Lor’Vela, a follower who overthrew him. Realizing that the Andorian government will likely not allow these dissidents to threaten their peace, Kalel persuasively convinces the adept to surrender to Starfleet, and agrees to advocate on their behalf.
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).