Thread: Enlightenment

Enlightenment

Take a look at Enlightenment on PG p. 58. It says that to muster the audacity to attack the Mystic, one has to make a Willpower test = 5 + the mystic's Renown.

Surely they meant the mystic's Renown Modifier!

In my case, the characters would have to make a Willpower test of TN 41! I think I'm going to use the Modifier, which will make it much more reasonable (for us it will change it to a TN 11).

I realize that characters can still attack when the mystic makes an "overtly hostile action", but I imagine that my mystic could do things like Mind Control that will not be "overtly hostile" thus keeping the PCs from attacking him!
    Doug Taylor
    Member of Decipher's Hall of Fame
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

That does look like a legitimate piece of errata. I'll look it over and consult with some of my cabal.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Awesome. Thanks, Patrick!

I ran this one by my group after we played, and they all agreed that making a TN 11 Willpower test would be tough enough; 41 would most certainly have been impossible!
    Doug Taylor
    Currently running The One Ring RPG. I also occasionally run Villains & Vigilantes (our campaign is in year 25) and WEG d6 Star Wars (both games are mostly on hiatus) and an annual game based on The X-Files (using Conspiracy X).

Are you sure that's not actually the intent?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Not sure, but it seems pretty unlikely. Reaction tests are often difficult at TN 10, whereas TNs in that super-high realm are nearly impossible for the vast majority of characters to accomplish.

I suppose they could have thought this was appropriate (being as the person who can become so difficult to attack has to do something overtly hostile to get attacked), but it seems a bit much to me. My group wholeheartedly agreed, so - at least for us - we'll make it based on the Modifier.
    Doug Taylor

Local concensus seems to favor using the modifier, just like everything else in the game.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support