Thread: Nova Class

Nova Class

I'm a big fan of the Nova class science vessel, I know others aren't, but it's become my TNG+ era fave. Recently I found out (everyone else probably knew for ages) that the size has been revised because Mr. Sternbach put an official number to it...

About 220 meters!

That's an extra 35 to 40 meters of length! That's a 20% increse in size, and it might be enough room for an extra deck! You can't give it one of course, it's suppossed to have just 8, but what does this mean for the various write ups for Nova class?

Does this effect any of it's stats?
    "Star Trekkin' across the universe, On the Starship Enterprise, Under Captain Kirk.
    Star Trekkin' across the universe, Boldly going forward 'cause we can't find reverse."
    Star Trekkin' by The Firm.

It looks like no matter which system your using (decioher it stays size 5, and for LUG it will stay size 4) it stays the same.

Problem is with sternbach's assertion is that the bridge module compared to the defiant and the defiant pathfinder still leaves the overall length at 150 meters or so. So I'm not sure what he's using for that basis.

And it's one of my favorite designs as well.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Wish I could see some comparison work?

Hmmm, I'll have to see if I can't dig up some pics and find a graphics program that'll let me actually do it. I'm not very techie.
    "Star Trekkin' across the universe, On the Starship Enterprise, Under Captain Kirk.
    Star Trekkin' across the universe, Boldly going forward 'cause we can't find reverse."
    Star Trekkin' by The Firm.