Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TOS camapigns, what ship did you use?

TOS camapigns, what ship did you use?

I'm just wondering if the constitution is the most common ship people give their players in a TOS era game?
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

We have used Three ships in three differnt comapians. The first and the most used was the Saladin-class, then more in the Movier era is a Miranda-class and the least used was a Loknar. The Miranda is the latest of the ships used and We have blue prints that are our standard. Saladin-class was an excellent ship to use but limiting in some of the uses. I hope this helps you.

In my TMS-era campaigns, we used a Connie (USS Excalibur NCC-1705-A) and a Miranda (USS St. Roch NCC-1941) (this was before the Bozeman showed up).

I've run and played in campaigns set on Constitution class, Decatur Class (the Belknap class prototype), and a number of homebrew ships.

For us, the Constitutions were always the "Cadillac" design that everyone wanted to work up to.

My first experience with Star Trek was aboard the USS Vladivostok a Loknar class frigate.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

And of course, there's Bob Wesley's Bretagne campaign...

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    In my current campaign, we're using the Anton-class.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I was always partial to the Ranger and Oberth class scouts- thugh FASA'a plans for the former were truly heinous.

Even though there aren't any stats or deckplans for it, I'd love to play on a Metaluna. It's small enough to be game-friendly, different enough to be memorable, perfectly fits the TOS classic design aesthetic, and is just a beautiful little ship.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Even though there aren't any stats or deckplans for it, I'd love to play on a Metaluna. It's small enough to be game-friendly, different enough to be memorable, perfectly fits the TOS classic design aesthetic, and is just a beautiful little ship.
    Metaluna?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

For my TOS-movie era campaign, the players have been aboard a Loknar-class frigate.

The pre-TOS set sail aboard the Enterrprise under Captain Robert April out of the Academy, then served aboard a Ranger-class vessel. The Command candidate's first command was then a tug/fleet tender (see what happens when you cheese-off the politically connected upper classmen during the Academy mini-series ) and after fighting off a flotilla of Klingon gunboats are about to voyage into the Four Years War aboard a Larson-class destroyer.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

We've used 2 Connies (the El Dorado & the Strider) & a Mission Class using the deck plans presented in the blue book provided w/ the FASA Trek set.(The Einstein) & a Mission Class(with deckplans that fit the hull shape.) The Thatcher(Thatcher Class) & a renovated Travers Class. The Thatcher & the Travers Class ships are in my current campaign set in 2251.

For our fed campaigns, the connie is definitely the most common. Especially these days with us old folks riding the nostalgia feeling of the original trek. In younger days we did the baker, chandley, ranger, galaxy (when tng first came out), and a homebrew transwarp scout ala nelson. We were much more into experimenting then. Other than fed campaigns we did d7, l9, l24, k23, and I faintly recall a gallant wing. Well that certianly was a stroll down memory lane!