Thread: Looking For Scenarios

Looking For Scenarios

I'm trying to put together a list of Trek scenarios for a potential campaign, from any game system, within the following limitations:

- Does not involve Klingons or Romulans (or at least, Klingons and Romulans as political entities—individuals are fine), except wherein they serve merely as armed antagonists and their specific Klingonness, etc is irrelevant.

- Does not involve canon life-forms contacted during or after the first season of TOS. No Hortas, Doomsday Machines, etc.

- Is not a sequel to to any episode of TOS, TNG, DS9 or VOY.

Any recommendations?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

What kind of stuff do you want? Era? Style?

Any and any, with the previously-stated caveats.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    I'm trying to put together a list of Trek scenarios for a potential campaign, from any game system, within the following limitations:

- Does not involve Klingons or Romulans (or at least, Klingons and Romulans as political entities—individuals are fine), except wherein they serve merely as armed antagonists and their specific Klingonness, etc is irrelevant.

- Does not involve canon life-forms contacted during or after the first season of TOS. No Hortas, Doomsday Machines, etc.

- Is not a sequel to to any episode of TOS, TNG, DS9 or VOY.

Any recommendations?
    * FASA - The Orion Ruse. IIRC, it assumed that the player characters were independent merchants, but it met your criteria above.
    * FASA - Decision at Midnight. Involves Klingons, but only as a 'threat race'. Could be changed to be anyone, really. The main conflict is between erratic Captain/XO and the other officers on the ship.

I also had an adventure based on Philip K. Dick's short story, "Colony". If you haven't read it, check here: https://archive.org/stream/galaxymag.../n141/mode/2up.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Check out Episodes 1.4 and 1.5 of our Last Anton online campaign. The stories are paired together, but they can be adapted to any era and have no connection to any story or political entity.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz