Thread: Checking in

Checking in

Hey all - I've not been all that active for a long time, a long long time. Figured since I posted in FASA Trek I'd drop by here and do a quick hello.

I checked my join date and see I joined September 6, 1999. I was in my 20s back then, I'm now in my early 40s. It's amazing any piece of the internet lasts this long. I was married for some three years and living in an apartment back then. Still married, approaching 16th anniversary this fall. My kids were born when I was still rather active here. They are now 10 and 7 - my oldest is now getting noticed by boys - she looks like she is 13. Sigh. Double sigh.

There have been some tough times on the family front - thankfully still married to the same wonderful wife, but our two children brought with them to my wife major cases of depression, especially after our second child. My wife did the career change from chemist to chemistry teacher and then found herself dealing with two years of underemployment, just ended a few weeks ago.

Gaming-wise managed to keep the occasional game going - it's a challenge now with all of the members of the group having children and the group scattered over North America. We try to get together via Skype and have been playing Dungeon Crawl Classics after a long Cthulhu game.

I'm not gonna debate politics here - beyond that being a no-no, I remember when this place nearly exploded over political debate with 9-11 and the Iraq War. It is worth noting though that sometimes honest and respectful debates do result in people changing their minds. My own politics have shifted from Libertarian to Liberal, a result of both life experiences and having my own views challenged. (And I promise that's all I'll say about politics).

Some day gotta do a Trek game again. Need a flying dropkick in my life...
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Hey, Dan! Long time no chat.

Still carrying the ICON flag...

Hi Dan,

Great to see you

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stack View Post
    I'm not gonna debate politics here - beyond that being a no-no, I remember when this place nearly exploded over political debate with 9-11 and the Iraq War. It is worth noting though that sometimes honest and respectful debates do result in people changing their minds.
    But before that, back in the days, there were some really good political discussions here.

Hey Dan, good hearing from you again.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"