Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starship Combat II Advanced for FASA

Starship Combat II Advanced for FASA

I did an upgrade to my homebrewed starship combat rules-

Im attaching a copy here, its also at Yahoo and when I update the site I'll post it there

Thanks,
    Joe

10-9-12
    I noticed an error in one of the control panels< I went and uploaded the corrected file. Sorry!
    Last edited by UFC465537; 10-09-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Here's the update
    Last edited by UFC465537; 05-07-2013 at 11:25 PM.

I found a pretty glaring error: somewhere along the line I cut and paste the roll
    modifiers for the captain incorrectly. They should read:

LUC > 70 +1
    LUC <20 -1
    PSI >70 +1
    PSI<20 -1

I corrected them in both the basic and advanced versions. They're downloadable from my site and Yahoo group.

On a different topic, I was toying around with a Next Generation supplement,
    just tossing it out for discussion before I exert too much energy into the
    project.

Thanks in advance,
    Joe

That sounds interesting. Based on the original, I'd like to see your take on the TNG era.

What do other prople think?
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!

I guess it's just you and me then!! LOL!
    I've been compiling some stuff and making a few notes here and there. I may have a draft in the next few weeks for TNG.

I'm always interested in seeing new material for FASA

Great! But I'm going to need a little help- I'm going to need these races ranked in highest to lowest order according to offensive and defensive capabilities in TNG:

Klingon
    Federation
    Borg
    Romulan
    Cardassian
    Kazon
    Ferengi
    S' on'a
    Jem'hadar
    Dominion
    Breen
    Tholian
    Gorn
    Orion (if they're still around)

Feel free to add any I may have missed!
    Thanks
    Last edited by UFC465537; 08-16-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Left a few off the list

I would say

Borg
    Jem'hadar
    Dominion
    Klingon
    Federation
    Breen
    Romulan
    Cardassian
    Son'a
    Kazon
    Tholian
    Gorn
    Ferengi
    Orion

That order looks about right. I would maybe flip the Breen and the Romulans around?

And although the Orions are still around (as the Syndicate) in TNG times, and I would LOVE to bump them up the list, I don't think they have any real major firepower to bring to bear.

The lower aprt of the list is probably quite close in overall combat terms, I would say. From Son'a down is where the split probably is.

Mark
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!

That list does look pretty good. I think maybe the Breen should move up the list and maybe the Tholians, but I think we're just splitting hairs. I'm not well versed in trek adversaries after about the third season of ds9, and VOY ignored entirely. Anyhoos, that's a good list for offensive strength, what about defense?

I'm in the middle of hammering out the Borg, so any thoughts about them would be certainly welcome. Like Borg ship classes?

Thanks!

Well....here's what I got.

I quickly discovered that TNG was sooooo tech involved compared to TOS that everything became....bigger. But not impossible.

All the control charts are 1 page per character as compared to the 1/2 page of the previous versions. I also maybe them them check boxed rather than open spaced - I thought it was easier to work with.

I think I got most of the major powers covered, but if one pops up that I missed, lemme know.

I didn't add combat round examples as I did with the other versions mainly because I hate to type. I'll post some separately on my website when I feel more motivated .

I'm pretty sure I got most of the skills and combat roles right as they pertain to TNG, but if I really turned the trekverse on its ear....lemme know.

Comments and feedback are always welcome!
    Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files

Impressive, I will need some time to read through this, but in glancing through, this looks like some damn fine work.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

You gonna Asspierce-me, or just send me a dead Rat?
    Admittedly, I think it's great, too. Examined it thuroughly, and would playtest it a few times, and maybe would even work on a TFD and UFG edition to this. It would be a further experiment in the intriguing.
    "Always beware of anything said by a person with a smile." -Cronan-sama
    http://www.cronan-memorial.com

http://sites.google.com/site/memoryeta
    Initially Trek, but haphazard Archival Site, no need to make it a Wiki.

http://web.archive.org/web/200410151.../ssd/ssds.html
    Don Miller's SSDs for Star Fleet Battles are here, axing the URL past sfb takes you to the main site.

Thank you sir! I kinda wish I had more time to playtest this one as much as the other versions, but my group was never as interested in playing the next generation as tos. Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated! ..and you lost me on the whole UFG TFD thing. Anyhoos, it's good to see you around-Isee you've been keeping busy building ships- bravo sir, bravo!